Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Teachers Retirement System (TRS) as an investment

Thomas PoagThomas Poag Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
How would I set up the TRS from paycheck to show in investment?  Currently the deduction from the paycheck comes over and is a negative in my TRS investment.

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry if this has caused and confusion or inconvenience. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know what Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Where is the transfer (deduction from your paycheck) going? To what kind of account? Or is it going to a category? It should be a transfer to an Investment Account as cash in. That will build up a positive cash balance which you use to buy the shares.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    volvogirl said:

Where is the transfer (deduction from your paycheck) going? To what kind of account? Or is it going to a category? It should be a transfer to an Investment Account as cash in. That will build up a positive cash balance which you use to buy the shares.

If it's not showing up as a positive in the investment account maybe you have your paycheck deposit transaction set up wrong.
  • Thomas PoagThomas Poag Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry if this has caused and confusion or inconvenience. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know what Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave

Opss.  qwin 2017  paycheck deduction is under pretax [TRS] I have it going to an investment account call TRS.  The transactions coming from the paycheck is ok its the opening balance that I cant seem to get right.   The TRS is Teacher Retirement System.  I guess it is like a pension

My apologizes folks.  it seems I entered the opening balance as a withdrawal instead of a deposit.   Sooo sorry
  • Thomas PoagThomas Poag Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    volvogirl said:

you are correct.  thanks
This discussion has been closed.