Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Rental Property and Business Tools (Windows)

Spell check for Invoices

I have a small consulting firm and use Quicken to create invoices.  If there is one thing I would like is spell check for the words that I place on the invoice.  I want to get this recommendation to the Quicken person who might put this in the software.  it has been like this for many years.
3 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree, I run the office for a HVAC company, spell check would be so helpful.  I don't want to have to switch to Quickbooks.

Shirley White
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Tyka
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not too difficult to implement, a spell checker on typing line item descriptions into invoices (both Customer and Vendor Invoices) would be a nice addition to Quicken.
    Let's not forget to also add it to the Edit Items dialog of the Customize Invoice Items view. When one sets up a new line item description for a predefined line item, spellchecking of the new description is important, too.
  • bill kelseybill kelsey Member ✭✭
    This seems like a no-brainer to me. How hard can it be to include a spell-checker program in Quicken? Like me (I've been a user for over 20 years), many users just took it for-granted that there was one if they chose to use it. I'm a fairly good speller, so it hasn't occurred to me often....but it did today and I was surprised to see there isn't one. Kinda makes you guys at Quicken look like amateurs to me. I'm disappointed.
  • bobandalicebobandalice Member
    I have been a Quicken user since the early Eighties. I find it hard to believe Intuit has not added a spellchecker to the program. I am usually adding transactions at four or five a.m. and although the numeric part of my brain is working well, the alphabetical part is still asleep. Typos are endemic. How hard can it be?