Add the ability to automatically update at a specific time such as 6 AM daily (Legacy Vote Count 1)

rl4265rl4265 Member ✭✭
Vote for feature to automatically update at a specific time such as 6 AM daily

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Report Types and Related Features in Quicken for Mac.
5 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Automatic update of online accounts.

When opening Quicken 2017 for Mac it would very nice to have the program automatically update all online accounts instead of having to manually trigger the update of all online accounts. All my previous windows versions have allowed for the user to set this feature according to his/her needs.
  • Adam SamuelsAdam Samuels Member
    edited August 2018
    it's important to be able to schedule frequency as well as time. currently, direct connecting with quicken 2017 results in daily updates, which some financial institutions charge for - mine [Union Bank of California] included.
  • rl4265rl4265 Member ✭✭
    edited September 4
    I too would like to come to computer and see updated results

I'd suggest changing banks to one that doesn't charge.
  • Chuck SumpterChuck Sumpter Member ✭✭
    I’ve recently migrated from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac. That said, I’m very happy with the exception of the lack of scheduled transaction downloads. I’m just curious why the Windows version has supported this for years yet the Mac does not. I wanted to publish this as a feature request but couldn’t find where to do so...
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rl4265 @Douglas S. Day @Adam Samuels @Chuck Sumpter Four people have commented in this thread, but so far the Idea has zero votes. You must go to the top of the thread, find the blue box for voting, and click on the little gray arrow to see your vote registered. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All except the last one is pre-migration from GetSat, so only @Chuck Sumpter is missing their vote. What is missing is the Legacy Votes count.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Quicken did not capture the “legacy votes” from the previous platform for this website for many topics like this which didn’t have a high number of votes, those votes were lost in the transition — and thus the need for any users who want to see this functionality to vote at the top of this thread.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they were not... Quicken has a complete record. I simply kept a record of those 20 and above, as there were too many for me to track.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • tmpleetmplee Member ✭✭
    QM 2007 has this feature — time of day, and day(s) of the week. There should be separate scheduling for security quotes and financial institution downloads, perhaps even selectively by institution and/or account. I can see there might be some FI's that you'd want to download daily, others weekly or even monthly (especially, as someone noted, if they charge for it.) Even though I've been using Quicken (for the Mac) since late 1993 I've never tried automatically or manually downloading transactions from my financial institutions. (That's not quite accurate: I tried to download from one FI some time in the last year and found it such a daunting task I gave up. Perhaps I should try again, seeing as I'm now tracking 19 accounts spread over 7 FI's!)