Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Budget Detail Report: Memo/Notes field is needed (37 Legacy Votes)

CrashmeisterCrashmeister Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Reports (Mac)
When viewing your budget, if you click on a value for a month or a total you get a Detail Report that shows the transactions that make up the number in the Budget Report.

What is missing, and absolutely required, is the Memo/Notes field as that is where the line item description is. You cannot tell from the 'Detail Report' what the line item was for. 

It shows, for example, that I bought something from Amazon, in category 'Asset Purchase' but without the Memo/Note I cannot see what I bought, unless I drill down yet another level to get to the register.

This is a simple fix. Please add the Memo/Notes field to the 'Detail Report'.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Tagged:
0 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

This is available in the subscription version of Quicken.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    (If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.)

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Be sure to scroll down the page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I totally agree.  The picture below details what's shown now.  There's currently no way to add the memo/note field.  image
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
    edited November 2019

The following are some additional organized highlights of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Click on each link above, then be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Then VOTE on EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
  • Larry RogersLarry Rogers Member
    edited November 2019

with so few fields to use, you need to be able include and filter by any field ...
  • CrashmeisterCrashmeister Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I cannot understand why such a simple fix has not been implemented yet. It would take a programmer no more that 10 minutes to make this change.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • Vic SmithVic Smith Member
    edited April 2018

Using Quicken 2018 for Mac.

I've noticed this topic posted before, but haven't seen much activity to date; so am just adding my 2 cents worth in hopes more Quicken support team members realize that the best features of the legacy "Quicken for Mac 2007" have been its rock solid reporting tool - that still outshines current versions.

There are no current provisions to use reports to find similarities of data in the Quicken 2018 field named < Memo/Notes >; which is of considerable help in making data corrections- and is much faster to resolve than using the “find & Replace” process.   Accordingly, add a option to the  <Create a Summary Report>  <Select Subtotal>  pull-down menu to include “Memo/Note info”.

Also when the <Customize>  report tab is selected, the customization menu will need to have a new item “Memo/Notes” following the “Payees” tab.

When users have completed the selection criteria for “Accounts”, “Categories”, “Tags”, “Payees”, additional search information can be entered in the search dialog box under the “Memo/Notes” tab; so that when user clicks the OK button, the report will list the transactions matching the search.

* * A suggested solution * * *
    Modify  default report generation parameters within  path:
    <New Report>   <Create a Report>  <Summary Report>  
    Menu by adding ability to find summaries on similarities in
    data field < Memo/Notes >
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The ability to view Memo and Notes in the Budget Details report is available in the subscription version of Quicken.

This can be accessed by selecting a category from the budget view and adding the Memo/Notes column as shown below.

This thread is being marked as implemented and is being closed.

Be sure to visit the Idea section of the Community and add your vote to the features you would like to see offered in Quicken. 

https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

Thank you,

Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.