Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken 2016 does not download quotes since Oct 1

edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I have not been able to download securities quotes  since Oct 1. The One Step Update appears to proceed normally but a message appears that there is no new data available. I tried clearing the price history for one equity and updating it again but now the complete history is nul. There is no new data in the price histories of all the other equities since Oct 1, 2016.
I updated to Quicken Home and Business Canada 6 months ago and I have not had this problem before. My present version is Release R2 (25.1.2.8).
Can you help please.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    There's a couple of things to check.  Do TOOLS, Account List.  What shows in the "Transactions Download" column across from your brokerage name?

Do TOOLS, Security List.  Are all of the securities that you expect to have downloaded Quotes checked in the "Download Quotes" column?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • edited January 2019
    In the Security List all the securities that I want to download are checked in the Download Quotes column.
    In the Accounts List the Transactions Download column is marked as Not Available for the accounts that contain the securities for which I need updated quotes. I cannot download transactions for these accounts as the service is not provided by my broker.
    I don't know from what source Quicken gets the price quotes for the securities.
    I have also checked the symbols for each security. They have not changed.
  • edited October 2016

In the Security List all the securities that I want to download are checked in the Download Quotes column.
    In the Accounts List the Transactions Download column is marked as Not Available for the accounts that contain the securities for which I need updated quotes. I cannot download transactions for these accounts as the service is not provided by my broker.

I have continued my search to solve this problem with no success. 
    To verify that there is not a corrupt file in the program I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken 2016. The securities quotes still do not update. Everything was working fine until Oct 1, 2016. Was there a Quicken or Windows update at that time?
    Any suggestions, anyone?
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016

Create a new data file and an investment account, then manually enter a few securities. Try to get a quotes update.
  • edited October 2016

Thanks a million. Did that and found that the stock symbols had been changed on the TSE. No wonder they wouldn't update. Made the changes and all is OK.

By the way, I spent an hour on line in a chat with the Quicken help center. After an hour the person at the other end still had not understood that my problem was not with downloading transactions but downloading stock prices. Kept asking for banking information.  Needless to say it was not very helpful.

Thanks again for your heip.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2016
    I have also had problems with quotes that are not accurate.  Since 9/30/2016 AT&T is showing a quote at over $1,000 per share for historical prices.  I manually deleted all of them and downloaded again with the same result.  I am using Quicken 2016 for Windows, U.S. R8 25.1.8.5.
This discussion has been closed.