Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Two funds connecting to each other in Quicken

UnknownUnknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Strangest issue...in Quicken, I have two 529 funds:  (1) Franklin Mutual Global Discovery 529 Class C (2) Franklin Income 529 Portfolio.  The first trades at $10.41 per share, the second $23.21.  In Quicken, they're both showing as the 2nd one, at $23.21 per share.  I shut off online quotes, went into the 1st and edited the last quote to $10.41.  It changed BOTH in my portfolio.  They're tied together in Quicken, even though they're listed separately.  I've tried a bunch of other things, but changing one automatically changes the other.  Any clue why that would be? I've burned hours trying to figure it out...
(Quicken 2016 R 8 (25.1.8.5))

Comments

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    They both have the same ticker symbol on your security.  You need to change or delete the ticker symbol on one of them.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately that's not the issue. I cleared out the symbols and turned off auto updates, then manually entered the price for the one, and it updated the other. They're listed separately, and both don't have a ticker symbol associated with them. I'll upload an image when I get back to my office.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2016
    imageimage
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Am I seeing a "-" (dash) as the Ticker Symbol in both funds?
    Totally blank out the Ticker Symbol field.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2016
    UKR said:

Am I seeing a "-" (dash) as the Ticker Symbol in both funds?
    Totally blank out the Ticker Symbol field.

Wow - didn't notice that, and not sure how dashes ended up in that field.  I erased them, and it worked.  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.