Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I enter and track a stock that i own that is not held by a brokerage or investment firm in Qu

Bob TrammellBob Trammell Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I own shares of a NYSE company that I purchased. I do not have a broker. The company mails me dividend checks quarterly. How/where do I enter this in Quicken 2017 Deluxe for Windows? I would like Quicken to track the value of the shares.

Comments

• J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Set up a regular brokerage account for this - give it a name that suits you; e.g., Personal Holdings.
    In the add accounts dialog, the first screen asks for the FI name - ignore this and select Advanced Setup at the lower-left.
    In the next pop-up, select the Manual option.

Succeeding dialogs ask for info on cash and holdings balances - you can fill this in or you can ignore and then start with an empty register. Record cash transfers in and purchases as well as dividends, etc.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Bob TrammellBob Trammell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thank you. It worked exactly as I wanted.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    FWIW: I suggest you record the dividends as received in that personal investment account, and then transferred to the checking account (You can also use the DivX transaction that directly moves the cash to the specified account.) That type of approach will allow Quicken to better determine the perfornanc elf your security.
This discussion has been closed.