rental property notes and documents

I am currently looking for a way to track notes for each property. For example I would like to enter the account information for utilities for each property. Right now I have a duplex which creates a unit A and Unit B but I can not go into Unit A and enter in the information about the utilities. It would also be nice to look at more details about the renter and be able to attach documents or image files to the Properties and or the Tenants. I have been looking at 123landlord.com and like their options but I like the way Quicken works as well.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• PamoolaPamoola Member
    edited April 2017
    In the Invoice, you can either add a note in the "Customer Message" field or in the Memo field. Or...in the Checking register, you can add an attachment or flag for a note by clicking the icon under the date. Not sure if you're already creating Invoice Reminders for each tenant, but you would add invoice items for each unit (Business tab > Business Actions > Invoice and Estimates > View All Invoice Items) then assign categories using the forward slash: Item: Utilities/Unit A.............Category: Utilities/Unit A. If you created a separate Utilities account, you can apply both payments from tenant, and charges from utility company in that account.
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Natalie