Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken "Reconcile shares" incorrectly reports a difference in holdings for two securities

UnknownUnknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken Premier for Windows 2016 R 10 (25.1.10.1)

Quicken "Reconcile shares" incorrectly reports a difference in holdings for two securities.  When downloading the buy transaction for the new holding, Quicken incorrectly matched a no-longer-owned security (Southern Co) with the newly-purchased bond (Southern Humboldt CA), and I mistakenly accepted the match.  I deleted the incorrect transactions for Southern Co and added correct transactions for the bond, so the holdings and market value are correct in Quicken, but it has the names of the two holdings switched in the financial institution report when it reconciles shares.  How do I correct the incorrect match in Quicken?

Comments

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Go to the Edit Security details for the newly purchased bond and uncheck the box for "Matched to Online Security.

Then go to the Online Center - applicable financial institution, Holdings Tab, and click the Compare to Portfolio button.  You should get the opportunity to refine the online security match for that bond. 

HTH
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2017
    The newly purchased bond (Southern Humboldt CA) is not matched to an online security.

Compare to Portfolio shows the same Securities Comparison Mismatch warning as "Reconcile Shares".  The only options provided are to "Ignore" or to "Create a placeholder transaction" -- no option to correct the mismatch I made by mistake.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    kgorlen said:

The newly purchased bond (Southern Humboldt CA) is not matched to an online security.

Compare to Portfolio shows the same Securities Comparison Mismatch warning as "Reconcile Shares".  The only options provided are to "Ignore" or to "Create a placeholder transaction" -- no option to correct the mismatch I made by mistake.

One of the securities must be matched to an online security or there would be nothing to compare to. Did you check both securities?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2016
    kgorlen said:

Yes!  Unchecking "Matched to Online Security" for the old, no-longer-owned security fixed the problem.  Many thanks!
This discussion has been closed.