Add values of hidden investment accounts to investment graphs

I'm using QM2017, and currently the values of hidden investment accounts are not reflected in the graphs.  Please add the option to hide the investment account, but still include the account values in the graphs.  I don't want to see these accounts on that sidebar that are not currently active, but I would like to see the values of these accounts reflected in the historic information that is presented graphically.  
QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I don't have any hidden investment accounts, but I know when I hide accounts there are 2 checkboxes. The first hides the account, the second removes the account from reports. Check if both boxes are checked for your hidden investment accounts. I don't know if this will make a difference for graphs, but if not you could make a request to the developers.
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member
    edited August 2018
    RCinNJ said:

I don't have any hidden investment accounts, but I know when I hide accounts there are 2 checkboxes. The first hides the account, the second removes the account from reports. Check if both boxes are checked for your hidden investment accounts. I don't know if this will make a difference for graphs, but if not you could make a request to the developers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't make a difference for the graphs.  When any investment account is hidden, it's holdings are not reflected in any of the graphs.  It would be helpful to have a checkbox in the accounts window indicating whether or not one wants this info hidden in the graphs similar to what is already available for the reports.
  • edited December 2017
    You will be able to customize your graphs / reports to include 'Hidden accounts'. If you are viewing the graph, use the account filter -> Custom and click on 'Show hidden accounts'.  Similarly if you are running a report, click on Customize -> Accounts and click on 'Show hidden accounts. 
  • Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member
    edited August 2018

You will be able to customize your graphs / reports to include 'Hidden accounts'. If you are viewing the graph, use the account filter -> Custom and click on 'Show hidden accounts'.  Similarly if you are running a report, click on Customize -> Accounts and click on 'Show hidden accounts. 

Sangeetha, 

Thanks for the tips, but these don't make sense for QM2017 v4.4.3.  Here's what happens.  I'm looking at all my retirement investments in the following view.  This includes all accounts, even accounts that are technically "closed" (zero balances in the sidebar [not shown]). The following pic displays the graph under this condition: 

Now, if I go into accounts and hide just one of those closed accounts, you'll notice the difference compared with the graph below: 
    Do you see the difference when I hide just one of my investment accounts?  I'd love to hide the investment account in the left sidebar, but still see it's values reflected in the graph.  That way I could still see its impact in my portfolio, without losing screen real estate to an account with a current $0 balance.  Let me know if this doesn't make sense.