customizable portfolio (68 Legacy Votes)

One thing I use a lot in 2007 is the customizable portfolio. I like to be able to choose which columns I wish to view and move them around and resize them as needed. I would also like the portfolio to be exported to a spreadsheet format. I have voted for this many times on the vote page. If you agree, please vote for this feature. (You have to write it in because they took it off the voting list!)
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited August 2018
    I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that, I suggest you read this FAQ on how to filter the IDEAS to just show the ones for the Mac version, then VOTE to your heart's content:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-getsat-faq-how-to-filter-conversations-d...

The following are some of the many feature requests you will find: and many others.

Be sure to scroll down each page, as some contain lists of related features. Click on the link to EACH IDEA separately that you are interested in, then click the VOTE button at the top of EACH page that opens up respectively to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of each feature, your vote will NOT be counted for THAT specific feature!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• GillesGilles Member
    edited February 2018
    Same for me, what I miss the most in QM 2017 is QM2007  customizable portfolio
  • RobochemeRobocheme Member
    edited December 2018
    I've migrated from QW 2012 and I miss how it showed the daily security changes in $, not share $ or % like QM does.  I also miss the ability to show how each security is performing (ROI, ROR for different time periods like YTD, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years)
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    There are many weaknesses in the QM product as it relates to investments, reporting, & selling individual lots. The QM folks have committed to parity with QW , it will take several years for parity to be reached. The new ownership is making steady progress but its a slow long process..
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, it's too bad.  I tried Quicken Essentials for Mac a few years ago and I was really disappointed.  I naively thought that QM was equivalent to QW and bought and downloaded it through Amazon.  Since I'm really closed to giving up on QM, I found out that I can't even get my money back from Amazon since it is downloaded software.  Oh well, I guess that I'll check back on QM in five or so years.
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The lesson for you is to check in with us here on Quicken Community site before you decide to purchase. Lots of info readily available on QW vs QM. Until the product does what you want it to do you can continue on with QW either on a PC or using it on your MAC with VM.
    edited February 2017
    Robocheme said:

Yeah, it's too bad.  I tried Quicken Essentials for Mac a few years ago and I was really disappointed.  I naively thought that QM was equivalent to QW and bought and downloaded it through Amazon.  Since I'm really closed to giving up on QM, I found out that I can't even get my money back from Amazon since it is downloaded software.  Oh well, I guess that I'll check back on QM in five or so years.

You can actually get a refund from Quicken within 60 days of purchase, regardless of where you purchased it. Read the following: https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...

Meanwhile, I highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in Quicken end up in the latest version.

To do that click on this underlined link, following the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content: 
    Categorized List of IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

Your VOTE matters!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

edited December 2016
    Robocheme said:

Thank you sooo much, SMayer
  • LCoppLCopp Member
    edited February 2017
    Gilles said:

I just spent my time during the whole year using Quicken for Mac 2015 (after having to give up the 2009 version) only to discover that I cannot create the Reports I need!

I expected Quicken 2015 to be the same, if not better than the 2009 version, not unbelievably WORSE, to the point that it is USELESS to me as a business owner. How can that be????

This software used to be the most powerful accounting software on the market, only to be given a lobotomy in its current versions. It is USELESS for a business owner until it can make reports like 2007 and 2009 versions.
  • LCoppLCopp Member
    edited February 2017

The lesson for you is to check in with us here on Quicken Community site before you decide to purchase. Lots of info readily available on QW vs QM. Until the product does what you want it to do you can continue on with QW either on a PC or using it on your MAC with VM.

Who knew that one of the most powerful accounting programs on the market in 2007 and 2009 would end up being USELESS in 2015 onwards.

I just don't understand how that happened...
  • LCoppLCopp Member
    edited February 2017
    Gilles said:

I am going to have to take the information from the "Summary Report" and make my own Excel or Numbers spreadsheet. It will take me hours...
    edited February 2017

Unfortunately, it is because Quicken had to start all over and rebuild a new software from the ground up. They started in around 2008 with many fits, failures and restarts. Their first "success" was with Quicken Essentials in 2010 with very few of the many features that users have in QM2007. It was not until 2013/2014 or so that Quicken finally got their act more or less together and released Quicken 2015, with no other major release in between, yet still missing many features. Now they are playing catch-up to re-implement a lot of features that have been around in QM2007. It is a much slower process that many would like, and it is in the current state with QM2017. 

If you are interested, I recommend you look at the following list to identify any features needed that you see missing in Quicken for Mac. You may want to add your vote to requests found on the List of Obstacles and Hindrances for Migrating from QM2007 or QWin to Quicken for Mac.
    This is a special list that draws attention to requests specifically related to this topic. Click the underlined link to visit that page to see the selection and add your VOTE to promote that list, to encourage others to vote. Then click on the links there to vote on the specific requests.

I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

To do that click on this underlined linkfollowing the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content
    Categorized List of IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

• MichaelMichael Member
    edited August 2018
     Need to add columns in Portfolio View for Inv Return % and Total Inv Income.

There needs to be additional columns in the Portfolio View for Investment Return % based on current stock price and dividend, a column for investment income/dividends current year and a final column with total investment income over ownership period.
    edited January 2018
    Michael said:

There needs to be additional columns in the Portfolio View for Investment Return % based on current stock price and dividend, a column for investment income/dividends current year and a final column with total investment income over ownership period.

Also add Cost Basis/Share, Dividend (Annual), Dividend (Yield) to the portfolio columns, as per this user's post:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/portfolio-columns

edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been partially implemented as per the 2018 Release Notes; in QM2018 v5.1, released October 2017, to allow selecting columns to display, including IRR and ROI; in QM2018 v5.6, released May 2018, to print the Portfolio view. 

What has yet to be implemented is the following:
    • Many desired data columns have yet to be added (some examples listed above)
    • Ability to print the Portfolio View prints everything rather than printing was is selected in the view (see Add a Portfolio report). 

If you have not, be sure to click VOTE at the top of this page to have the rest of this feature implemented.YOUR VOTES matter!

edited July 2018
    Michael said:

You can add your VOTE for Lack of yield column.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

Your VOTES matter!

• Would like to see Morningstar Rating and Fund Category back in the Portfolio View which I used on a regular basis in Quicken 2007 to identify when a fund has changed category or dropping in performance among peers.

I do see that asset class is user-definable, so that's the equivalent of "Goal" from Q2007.
  • Would like to see Morningstar Rating and Fund Category back in the Portfolio View which I used on a regular basis in Quicken 2007 to identify when a fund has changed category or dropping in performance among peers.

I do see that asset class is user-definable, so that's the equivalent of "Goal" from Q2007.

Well upon closer examination - asset class is only user-definable only as you pick among the default choices. There are no options to add your own as you did with Q2007 "Asset Goal." 
    edited December 2018

Would like to see Morningstar Rating and Fund Category back in the Portfolio View which I used on a regular basis in Quicken 2007 to identify when a fund has changed category or dropping in performance among peers.

You can add your VOTE to Add ETF (and other customizability) to security/asset typesAdd ability to customize the asset class menuFirst, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests Related to Investments. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!