Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Spinoff transaction in the transaction register

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I entered a corporate spinoff transaction but it does not show up in the transaction register. I need to edit the transaction. How do I find the entry so I can edit?  I am using Quicken for Windows 2016.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The Spinoff transaction itself does not show in any register, but the individual lot - specific Bought and RtrnCap transactions that were generated as a result of the spinoff will show.
    If you have to redo the spinoff transaction, you can try to delete all these added transactions and then reenter the spinoff. I haven't tried that myself.
    The cleanest method, however, would be to restore your Quicken data file from a backup taken just before you did the spinoff. You did take a backup, didn't you?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, I did find the bought and return cap transactions and will try to edit them.  I did do a backup before I entered this particular transaction, but I also did about 50 other transactions at the same time and then backed up again.  I really don't want to redo all those other transactions so I'll just try to edit the spinoff. 
This discussion has been closed.