Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Deluxe 2011 for Windows, How to enter Unrealized Gains/Losses in IRA

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited March 2017 in Investing (Windows)
How do I enter Unrealized Gains/Losses in a Traditional IRA account in Quicken Deluxe 2011? I have a Traditional IRA account with a small cash balance and 2 mutual funds. Reconciling the IRA seems to only pertain to the cash balance. I enter Dividends and Reinvestments manually, but I can't find anywhere to enter unrealized gains/losses on the mutual funds so the Market Value is updated.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You have to enter the price per share in the price history for each security/fund etc.  It will get updated when you enter transactions like buys and sells but for general Market Value updates you have to go into the price history and add the new prices.  Open the Security Listing and right click on one.  I'll try to make a screen shot or two from my Q2013. 
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    OK you have to go to the Portfolio or Investment tab then right click on a fund name to get to the Price History.  Here's a couple screen shots I just made from my Premier 2013.  Don't know if your 2011 or Deluxe is the same way

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you so much!  I went in to Holdings and updated each mutual fund's price and it did the trick!
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thank you so much!  I went in to Holdings and updated each mutual fund's price and it did the trick!

Glad I could help!  Thanks for posting back and letting me know you found it.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    ps....even though you can't download transactions or prices anymore there is a little program you can use if you have a lot funds  to update

There is a cute little free program that you can use to help automate importing the stock prices. Works pretty good. It's Netstock and I used it in Quicken 2004 until I finally upgraded to Q2013 in Dec 2012. Now since they sunsetted Q2013 I'll have to go back and use it again.

http://www.splitcycle.com/Products/Netstock.aspx
This discussion has been closed.