Home Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

Issues with tax planner in 2017 after updates installed.

Just updated Quicken 2017 for windows 10 to latest version.  When attempting to open tax planner program crashes.  Error message indicates program can not uninstall Quicken.

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Hello Charles,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into some issues after installing the latest R3 update for QW2017. When you have a moment, please uninstall then re-install Quicken. This should allow you to update to R2 as there has currently been a stop on R3 for further analysis. 

If you run into an issue with uninstalling Quicken using the Windows "remove program" function, please follow the steps in the article linked below and use the Qclean tool.

Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Please update this thread with your results.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Ed said:

Hello Charles,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into some issues after installing the latest R3 update for QW2017. When you have a moment, please uninstall then re-install Quicken. This should allow you to update to R2 as there has currently been a stop on R3 for further analysis. 

If you run into an issue with uninstalling Quicken using the Windows "remove program" function, please follow the steps in the article linked below and use the Qclean tool.

I'm hitting the same issue. I tried reinstallation and of course that worked as it's not R3 and I can't update again to R3 now.
  • UnknownUnknown Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Ed said:

Hello Charles,

R3 is on pause right now. As soon as the devs fix the crash issue, they'll allow for download again via Quicken One step update as well as the manual update knowledge article.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Ed said:

Hello Charles,

Understood. Just adding that more than one person has seen this. I'm also running Norton security and using Windows 7.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Charles and Jonathan, are either of you still experiencing this issue?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it seems to be working now.
    edited February 2017
    jonathan3 said:

Yes, it seems to be working now.

Thanks for confirming. Any idea what fixed the issue for you?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2017
    No, but the Tax Planner really doesn't work all that well if you want my opinion. I can go through all of the fields, setting anything with a flag, and get my end result and then it's lost when going back to the home page. Also, for whatever reason, employee stock options no longer seem to be counting as income like they used to. I didn't change anything except upgrade to 2017 (i.e. I didn't change how i record them or any tax assignments, yet the income from an exercise is not showing up as income).

Quicken has a long list of good things, but also a long list of things honestly that are missing. If you want me to provide that list of the missing, let me know. Or whom it can be communicated with. As basically the only product honestly out there, it does solve most of my issues, but can be made better if you ask me.
    edited February 2017
    jonathan3 said:

No, but the Tax Planner really doesn't work all that well if you want my opinion. I can go through all of the fields, setting anything with a flag, and get my end result and then it's lost when going back to the home page. Also, for whatever reason, employee stock options no longer seem to be counting as income like they used to. I didn't change anything except upgrade to 2017 (i.e. I didn't change how i record them or any tax assignments, yet the income from an exercise is not showing up as income).

Quicken has a long list of good things, but also a long list of things honestly that are missing. If you want me to provide that list of the missing, let me know. Or whom it can be communicated with. As basically the only product honestly out there, it does solve most of my issues, but can be made better if you ask me.

What kind of employee stock options, ISO or non qualified?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2017
    jonathan3 said:

Non qualified. Same day sale.
This discussion has been closed.