Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

Portfolio report for Q Mac (119 Legacy Votes)

2»

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Would like to see Morningstar Rating and Fund Category back in the Portfolio View along with user-defined "Goal" which I used on a regular basis in Quicken 2007 to balance my mutual fund allocation. 
  • RichRich Member ✭✭
    I don't see a spot to vote at the top of the page.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich said:
    I don't see a spot to vote at the top of the page.
    In this forum, you now have to go to the top of page 1 to find the VOTE button at the bottom of the OP.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The ability to print the portfolio view by account/ all accounts and show security, symbol, current quote, cost basis, current value, gain/loss, etc. Is available in the Subscription version of Quicken for Mac.

To do so, select "Investing" on the left-hand side to the view of all the brokerage/investment accounts in one place.

Then toggle either all accounts or a specific account.

Then select File > Print or Command + P to view the report.

Thank you for all of your votes and patience while this feature was added.

-Quicken Tyka
    Happy Harvest! Gobble! Gobble!
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken_Tyka  While it's true that you can print from the Portfolio view, what has been implemented so far still falls short of the request for Portfolio reports. The problem is that you can't set up and save specific reports. Every time I want to see something specific about performance or capital gains or unrealized gains, I need to tweak various settings on the Portfolio screen to get what I want -- and then change them back to my "normal" view until the next time I want to generate some type of report. It's much better than not being able to print at all, but it does not equal the functionality of Quicken Mac 2007 or Quicken Windows in being able to have various saved investing reports.

I would request that you change the text on this request to indicate that it has been PARTIALLY implemented in the current Quicken Mac. And to make sure that in the feedback passed from the moderation team to the development team that they are aware there is still a strong desire to be able to have saved, named investment reports in Quicken Mac. Thanks.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @jacobs

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

In reviewing the OP, I did not see any mention of capital gains, unrealized gains, or the ability to save the report. 

For reference:

I like to go to meetings with my financial advisor with a printout of my investment portfolios. I have several accounts at different "brokerages" because of 401k, rollover IRA, etc. It is a pain to go to each web site and print a report, and they are not in the same format, etc. All I really want is the ability to print the Portfolio view of any or all of my accounts. By account, show security, symbol, current quote, cost basis, current value, gain/loss, etc.

I believe this Idea was initially created when printing and copying had been temporarily disabled and that's what this Idea is referencing.

This Idea will remain as Implemented. However, the Idea at the link below has been submitted regarding Investment Performance reporting and the ability to generate and save an investment report.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7635204/investment-performance-report-for-quicken-mac-7-legacy-votes/p1?new=1

-Quicken Tyka

Happy Harvest! Gobble! Gobble!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka You cannot look JUST at the OP's comment but the many others too with references to QM2007. AND the OP DOES mention " By account, show security, symbol, current quote, cost basis, current value, gain/loss, etc." [emphasis added].

MANY users have been directed to vote on this on the basis that this is a REPORT...with the implication of having all report capabilities and flexibility, hence the ETC in the OP's comments AND the MANY references to QM2007. If you mark this as implemented, you are losing all that interest and understanding.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.