Report a Problem: Add a confirmation of successful submission & add tracking (4 Legacy Votes)

Snoopy FCSnoopy FC Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Product Enhancements (Mac)

Add tracking to issues submitted under report a problem QM2017

I love the new report a problem feature.  Not glad there are problems, but glad that we can relay those directly to developers.  Can we add some way of tracking what we've reported and progress in having that issue addressed?
QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
Tagged:
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Report a Problem: Add a confirmation of successful submission

When I submit a Problem via the Help > Report a Problem link in Quicken for Mac 2017, there is no feedback to indicate a successful submission.

I would love to get an e-mail from the receiving server, but even an in-program dialog would nice.

As it is now, the reports could all be silently deposited in the bit bucket and the submitter would never know.

Also nice would be saving a local copy of the report for future reference (or re-submission if the initial submission fails).

PS: when I submitted a recent report, I found in the HTTPLog.txt file an ominous message with a time-stamp matching the moment I clicked on the Send to Quicken button:

2017-01-29 18:30:03 +0000: [#4] RESPONSE HEADERS: ... BODY:
    {"error":"unauthorized","error_description":"Full authentication is required to access this resource"}
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Tyka
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be useful to get a confirmation with an assigned reference. This would allow easy follow up via forum OR support chat/phone, etc.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: