Problem with share/lot data

MikeMike Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am having a problem with Quicken Deluxe 2016.  It seems that one of my investment accounts
has incorrect share/lot numbers.  I need to identify the sale or transfer that specified the wrong
lot(s).  How can I identify all transactions that affected a specific lot of shares?  For example,
I purchased 1000 shares of ABC on 1/1/01 and then sold 22 shares on 2/2/02, 33 shares on 3/3/03, etc.  I now find that my brokerage reports that I have 333 shares left from this lot while
Quicken reports that I have 444 shares.  I need to find all transactions that involved shares from
this lot.  Is there some easy way to do this?  This account is more than 10 years old and has a
significant number of transactions over the years.

Comments

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would look at the Capital Gains report.  Customize to that specific security and the applicable time frame (10 years).  That report should indicate all the sales for that time frame and should indicated which lot (acquisition date) was used in each sale.  If necessary, you can customize away from the ST/LT sorting (perhaps by account) to get all transactions together.  You can also export to Excel (via clipboard) and use that to sort by acquisition date.  

HTH 
This discussion has been closed.