Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I would like to update a brokerage account without downloading the transactions. what would be the c

Dennis51
Dennis51 Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken 2016 I would like to update a brokerage account without downloading the transactions. what would be the correct way to enter the current value.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Depends why it is wrong or off.  Do you have the right number of shares?  Maybe you just need to update the current price per share?  Oh, you mean there are transactions  but you don't want to download them?  Then you need to enter each one manually.  Or it sounds like you don't want to track the individual transactions at all.  I'm not sure how to update an investment account without entering all the transactions.  You can update the price history.
  • Dennis51
    Dennis51 Member
    edited October 2018
    I do not want to track the individual transactions, not interested in showing shares etc, I just want to show the current value of the account as an asset as it might change over the course of the year.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Dennis said:

I do not want to track the individual transactions, not interested in showing shares etc, I just want to show the current value of the account as an asset as it might change over the course of the year.

In that case you can track the account as cash.
    Start with an opening cash balance on any date.
    You can update the cash balance periodically - say at months end.
    Use the Update Cash Balance command and enter the month-end account value. Click on the gear icon - upper right, just above the Find icon to find the update command.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Dennis51
    Dennis51 Member
    edited December 2016
    Dennis said:

Thanks will try that
This discussion has been closed.