Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I handle a corporate merger in Quicken 2015? I see no transaction that indicates merger.

Lucille Brandner
Lucille Brandner Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
How do I handle a corporate merger in Quicken 2015. The company merged into another, shares were issued at less than the origial shares and in additon a cash payout was made . How do I enter in Quicken? There is no transaction that indicates merger.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If you name the companies involved, you'll get specific advice on exactly how to enter the transactions. Without the company info, we can only provide general advice.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Also, what specific Q 2015 product are you running?  Not all investment actions are available in some products ... especially the "lower" products.

AND, which of the 2 companies (or both) did you own?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Lucille Brandner
    Lucille Brandner Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Quicken Premier 2015. Company we owned was Johnson Controls, Inc. They merged into Tyco. Tyco changed its name to Johnson Controls International plc. The exchange was .8357 shares for each Johnson Control share. Plus we received cash for the difference in number of shares.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    @Lucille:  See this discussion:

Ask any followup questions there rather than here, so that questions about that set of transactions are in one place.  

Thank you;
This discussion has been closed.