Quicken 2017 R3 Update Cannot Locate My Data File

Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I just updated my Quicken Premier 2017 to R3, and after the update, instead of just opening my data file, it asked me whether I was a new or existing user, which was not expected.

When I clicked existing user, selecting "Open a data file located on this computer" and clicking the Get Started button, it opened the recycle bin.

When I navigated to the proper location of my data file, no data files match the search, although my data file is actually in this folder.

Finally, I closed Quicken and reopened it by opening the data file itself, thereafter, everything seemed normal.

Anyone else experience this odd update behavior with R3?
Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10

Comments

• mrb55mrb55 Member
    edited January 22
    I had the same issue. However closing and reopening fixed everything. The application immediately found the data file in its original location. I haven't had any crashes since the upgrade to R3 either. Had a few with R2 generally when using the Web integrated components.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Thanks, hopefully they're aware of this and will have it fixed in R4.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    mrb55 said:

I had the same issue. However closing and reopening fixed everything. The application immediately found the data file in its original location. I haven't had any crashes since the upgrade to R3 either. Had a few with R2 generally when using the Web integrated components.

Thanks, hopefully they're aware of this and will have it fixed in R4.
  • BergyBergy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What is changed/updated in R3?
  • Quicken ColinQuicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bergy said:

What is changed/updated in R3?

You can see the patch notes in this article: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch  This is updated with every release.
  • dlpontzerdlpontzer Member
    edited December 2017
    I had the same problem after I first stepped up to the subscription version of Quicken AND when it did an update today ... in both cases, I had to double-click the original version of the file to open it and then quicken remembers it from there ... quicken updates have to be made  a bit smarter to remember the old file location prior to update so that when update occurs, I don't have to retrain quicken as to where the file is.