Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Option to enable or disable sidebar groups and subgroups

RickO
RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
In Quicken Mac 2017, Groups and Subgroups (e.g. Banking, Cash, Savings, etc.) are always displayed. This is true even if a group or subgroup only contain one account. Please consider adding a user preference option to turn off display of Groups and/or Subgroups in the sidebar. When groups/subgroups were turned off, accounts would be displayed in alphabetical order within each group (if subgroups were turned off) or for the entire sidebar (if groups were turned off). 

If you would like to see this option implemented, please VOTE for this idea at the top of this page.
Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
Tagged:
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    I feel this is needed as not everyone has cash, or need's to track their cash transactions, and if so they can easily be entered into an additional category in the columns.  I hate the fact you cannot delete, hide, or rename the "cash" sub account.  Please consider a fix for this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry, I only am working with Q2016 v.3.5.3.  Here you can hide and show accounts from:
    Accounts > Hide and Show Accounts, and then clicking the check box.  Is that not available in Q2017 or am I not understanding your question?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    You can't hide or delete the cash account in 2017 : {
  • RickO
    edited November 2019

Sorry, I only am working with Q2016 v.3.5.3.  Here you can hide and show accounts from:
    Accounts > Hide and Show Accounts, and then clicking the check box.  Is that not available in Q2017 or am I not understanding your question?

This is not referring to hiding individual accounts. It refers to hiding the group headings (e.g. Cash & Credit, Investments) and/or the subgroup headings (e.g. Cash, Savings, Brokerage).

If either type of group were hidden, the accounts would be shown as a flat list, instead of being grouped by type. Applies equally to QM2015, QM2016 and QM2017.
  • RickO
    edited November 2019

You can't hide or delete the cash account in 2017 : {

Just to be clear: the Cash heading you refer to is NOT an account. It is an account GROUP. You can create individual accounts of type:cash, which would then be included (grouped) under the Cash heading (along with any and all checking accounts).
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread. 
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for User Interface Options and Features.
    You may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)