Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Dividends downloading as a 'Withdraw' (negative), then showing as 'MiscExp' when accepted rather tha

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Q2015Premier R11. Dividend transactions from Pershing Advisor Solutions (Direct Connect) are being downloaded as negative transactions, categorized as MiscExp when accepted into the register. Just started a week or two ago. Had worked fine for years previously. Other brokerage accounts (Fidelity) not affected. (windows 10)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Had this happen also to each of my accounts. Talked to Pershing and they said it is a Quicken issue. I do not know how to correct the issue. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    Carol said:

Had this happen also to each of my accounts. Talked to Pershing and they said it is a Quicken issue. I do not know how to correct the issue. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can confirm that by looking in the OFX log. I suspect you will find a negative number being downloaded from Pershing.

NMIS started doing this also and they are serviced by Pershing. https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2017-windows-downloading-dividend-trasac...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

If you haven't done
    so already, I'd say it's time to contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone
    at  http://www.quicken.com/contact-support  and report an Online Banking issue.

Scroll down to the blue boxes at the bottom of the webpage for access to Chat
    or Phone Support.

If the bank / brokerage sends incorrect data, as evidenced by the log file, then Quicken can talk to them to get this fixed.
    You should also complain to the brokerage's upper management people.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    I am also having the same problem with Pershing. Also had the same response from Pershing that it is a Quicken issue.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Add one more.  Just started happening with downloads starting yesterday 11/17 (late).
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    I just checked my NMIS (Pershing managed) accounts in Quicken after an OSU update this morning and it appears NMIS has reversed course and reverted to reporting MMF and Insured Deposit balances as Cash. The OSU also correctly recorded a re-invested dividend so here's hoping it's fixed.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Carol said:

Thanks. That is exactly what was happening. They appear to have now fixed their problem. And I learned about OFX logs!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    UKR said:

If you haven't done
    so already, I'd say it's time to contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone
    at  http://www.quicken.com/contact-support  and report an Online Banking issue.

Scroll down to the blue boxes at the bottom of the webpage for access to Chat
    or Phone Support.

If the bank / brokerage sends incorrect data, as evidenced by the log file, then Quicken can talk to them to get this fixed.
    You should also complain to the brokerage's upper management people.
    Did a Quicken chat, and learned that if I deleted and re-added my problem accounts the problem was gone - but only because Pershing or Direct Connect had fixed the problem. Guess next time I'll either just wait it out longer, or jump on it immediately.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you all for your support and information. Problem has gone away, not due to anything I did, but now I am much better informed about what to do next time!
This discussion has been closed.