Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Partial Ownership of Asset

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I own 50% of a property as well as 50% of the mortgage on that property.  I like tracking my mortgage account automatically from the bank, as well as tracking the proprety estimate using zillow.  Is there a way to accurately reflect this 50% ownership on my net worth graphs?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Michael,

To help us provide the most appropriate answer, please let us know what Quicken product (QWin or QMac), what version (2015, 2016, etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    I am using Quicken 2017 for Windows, US version.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    While you can certainly track 1/2 of a property (just input your portion of the equity in the property as if it was the total value), there's no way to track that 1/2 value on Zillow or to track 1/2 of a mortgage.

SO, I'd suggest that you set up a completely separate Q data file for just the mortgage and the property, both at 100% of value (not just your half).  Zillow can then track the value of the property and Q's Mortgage Wizard can track the full value (and the amortization ) of the mortgage.

Then, just calculate 1/2 of each value, and transfer it to YOUR Q data file.  YEAH, it's all manual ... but at least you'll get accurate values.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.