Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Software Bug - Red Flag on Account with transactions that cannot be cleared- UNSOLVED

Jim Grossestreuer
Jim Grossestreuer Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in Investing (Windows)
 I installed the latest update (2017 Deluxe) and after doing a one-step update I had "flags" in 2 bank accounts and 3 investment accounts.  AND COULD NOT REVIEW ANY OF THE TRANSACTIONS.
Having scoured considerable online help I did the following:
First I tried the "trick" to toggle the automatically accept transactions selection on and off.  It MOSTLY worked..  It cleared 4 of 5 flags.  
Next I followed the recommendation suggested in Article ID: GEN82180 and tried to force it through the Tools/Online Center.  It showed the 6 downloaded transactions, but when I clicked the "Compare to List..." it did nothing.
Next I ran a file validation (suggested in that article) -- which surprising found about 15 damaged transactions most of which were from back in 2008 plus a couple from 2015 (how did they get damaged?  Quicken is the only software that uses this file!!??).  I manually repaired each damaged transaction and re-ran the validate.  Everything clean. But I still have a flag ... which I still cannot review 
I tried to deactivate the online update for the account but can't because I have transactions pending.
There is no Cash Account linked to the flagged investment account.
After a few more days without resolution I again updated my accounts and had another flag that could not be cleared.  7 New transactions in my credit card account.  I could see them in the Tools/Online Center screens ... but clicking "Compare to Register" did nothing.
I tried the "trick: mentioned above and it again cleared the new transactions in my credit card account.

So I am left with buggy software that I need to "trick" for it to work properly going forward? ... PLUS 6 downloaded transactions that I can see but cannot accept/reject or even delete.

Someone suggest that additional transactions in my investment account might force the others to go through ... but I'm really not interested in buying or selling stocks to find out!

Any further suggestions (other than restore from a backup or delete the account and rebuild) would be appreciated.  Meanwhile, when is Quicken going to address this obvious "bug"?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    What patch level are you on? Please do Help | About Quicken. What is the R number?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Jim Grossestreuer
    edited November 2016
    R2 (Build 26.1.2.7)
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    As DC mentions, update to R3. It fixes the issue of downloaded transacrions not showing for linked cash accounts.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Jim Grossestreuer
    edited November 2016
    First, this is resolved.  But there were further unusual items that I think are worth documenting:

1) I just did an "upgrade" from within the software just last week - when the problem began for me!
    2) when I checked earlier this morning, the software did show that I was running R2,  However...
    3) when I attempted the manual update (as you suggested) I received an error message indicating I was already running the most recent version (most unusual don't you think?).  So
    4) I ran the "mondo update" which gave me a message upon conclusion that I was now running R3.

I fired up the software and was able to process those pending transactions.  Whew!

We can now mark this a resolved (at least for me!)
This discussion has been closed.