bill and income reminders don't auto enter

Bill and income reminders DO NOT auto enter in my check register. They used to work but haven't now for months.
I deleted them all, re-entered them, and they still don't appear in my check register.
I've been using Quicken for over 15 years and this always worked.  I've double checked my setting in "Edit".... and as indicated in "optional settings", where I've requested they appear, "Auto enter 10 days Advance"  NO JOY here.
Quicken Premier 2016 R 8 Windows 7

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

You should validate
    your Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had
    crashes while running Quicken.

Please run this procedure, skipping no steps:

- Make a copy of your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy.  Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save
    file under a new name in same folder as current Quicken data file.  (The Copy process appears to be performing a
    record-by-record copy of the data file and not just a simple binary image copy.
    This has been reported as recovering some otherwise not repairable
    files)

- Open the copied file in Quicken.

- Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click Validate File,
    check to make sure the copied file is being validated, click OK. Let it run.

- Fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.

Now, with the just validated file still open, try your failing action again. If
    it works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.

If that doesn't
    resolve the issue, you may have no recourse but to restore your Quicken data
    file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first
    occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that
    does not exhibit these symptoms.

http://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-restore-quicken-data-file-backup-file

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Have you closed and reopened your file? Auto enter reminders are triggered on file open.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Dave1957Dave1957 Member
    edited November 2016
    UKR said:

You should validate

- Make a copy of your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy.  Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save
    file under a new name in same folder as current Quicken data file.  (The Copy process appears to be performing a
    files)

If that doesn't

-Validating and repair does NOT fix the issue. Tried that first.
    -Restoring from an older copy, after a year of data entry, would take days to bring my transactions up to date, not really an option.  
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

You should validate

files)

If that doesn't

Automatic Backups usually occur every 3 or 5 times you open Quicken based on settings. You may have a recent auto backup from just prior to this problem.
    edited November 2016
    mshiggins said:

Have you closed and reopened your file? Auto enter reminders are triggered on file open.

I rarely 'close and reopen' my file. Are bill and income reminders now predicated on closing and reopening my file? Never used to be for decades.
    I've reopened my file, however, prior to your recommendation, I've had to 'manually' enter all my reminders so I can continue my accounting. I won't know if this issue is still a problem until the end of next month. Very frustrating that this program is so buggy.
  • edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

Mine is doing same thing, Dave. I really do not like the idea of recopying these files. So much time and effort to making everything balance again. I have grown to depend on my accounts being accurate and that reminder page being up to date. What did you finally decide to do?
  • SalSal Member
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

I am using Quicken 2015 R12 in Windows 10 and this same issue cropped up sometime in the last 2 or 3 months.  I too have used Quicken for over 15 years and this has never been an issue in the past.  In my case, most of my reminders have disappeared and the few that are left do not work.  If I try to enter a new reminder, not only is it not created, but I get a whole list of inaccurate and unusable reminders added that cannot be deleted.  The only way that I have found to remove these reminders is to restore a back-up or run the quicken Validate and Repair.  I am finding this extremely frustrating.   
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    mshiggins said:

Sal, your issue is different than the reminder issue covered in this discussion. You should start a new thread for your issue.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • bwismer66bwismer66 Member
    edited April 2017
    mshiggins said:

I am using Quicken 2017.  The problem started as soon as I updated to Quicken 17 R1 Cash Manager (Canadian) in January.  I also took the transactions out and re-entered them.  Would it have anything to do with Windows 10?  I find this option to be quite a timesaver as I have a number of weekly payments that come out.  Now, I leave them as manual entries and and enter them one at a time.  This is very time consuming by comparison.  I really miss this feature.
  • robmlyrobmly Member
    edited May 2017
    My issue with the auto enter no longer working started with the upgrade to Quicken 2017.  Any other suggestions or ideas?
  • Darwin SmithDarwin Smith Member
    edited October 2018
    I am having the same problem there is no option to set bill reminders to auto. I'm also a long time Quicken user. Never had this problem before. It seems to have started the last few months. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    mshiggins said:

Note auto entry reminders trigger on two different events.
    The opening of the data file, and the system date changing at midnight.

Also note that if you create a reminder that is "due or overdue" set to automatic, it will not be automatically entered at the time of creation, only at the two events I described above.

It might be that the triggering on system date is now broken.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I am having the same problem there is no option to set bill reminders to auto. I'm also a long time Quicken user. Never had this problem before. It seems to have started the last few months. 

I am having the same problem there is no option to set bill reminders to auto.
    You aren't having the same problem as what has been posted in this thread.
    The thread is about reminders set to auto, not triggering when expected.

No one here is having a problem where they can't set the bill reminder to auto.

You should start NEW POST (from the top of the page) and give as much details as possible like version of Quicken and if possible a screenshot would help.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    mshiggins said:

For what it is worth I just tested on Quicken 2017 Windows US R15 and the automatic entry did trigger on the system date changing at midnight.
  • cm furgasoncm furgason Member
    edited June 2018
    The answer to this problem is simply the way you set up the Bills and Reminders form.  There is a section near the bottom that either says Remind Me, or, Automatically Add with the word (change) in parenthesis.  One of my old reminders was working and two of my newer ones wasn't.  I clicked on (change) then clicked on Automatically Add and now they work as expected.  Hope this helps.
    edited June 2018
    No, there was a bug that caused the bills NOT to automatically add. We know how to set up bill reminders. It is fixed now. 
  • jim rogersjim rogers Member
    edited November 2018
    How did you fix this? Im having the same problem. For years they automatically entered, now they dont.
    edited July 2018
    I have no idea how it got fixed. Could be a Quicken update? No idea.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Auto enter bug was fixed for most in recent update. All the other biller and reminder problems are still be ing worked on.
  • TomTom Member
    edited November 2018
    I have Quicken 2017 Deluxe with the latest update (R16.2) and it still does not enter scheduled transactions into the register. In my case, I have a single monthly transaction that is handled as an EFT outside of Quicken. When the reminder window pops up and you click on the scheduled transaction, a new pop-up window asks, "Is this the payment for ..." Clicking on the "Yes" button causes the due date to increment to the next scheduled date, but the transaction does not enter into the register as it did in earlier versions. 
  • edited October 2018
    This finally works again as it should.  I followed the steps of going to File / File Options / Copy.  Then doing a File / File Options / validate and Repair on the new Copy.  It came back with a log file and reported there was an automatic bill reminder that it removed.  I compared the old bill reminders to the bill reminders in the copy file and didn't see any differences.  

• Susan HammSusan Hamm Member
    edited November 2018
    I was using Quicken 2016 H & B with all the latest updates. My bill and income reminders DO NOT auto enter in my registers. They used to work wonderfully, however, around April 2018 they stopped working. I read several posts and even spoke with tech support. I have validated and super validated. I continue to receive the same message - "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it."  I have deleted them, re-entered them, and they still don't work.

I read Quicken changed the way it brings data files over when upgrading to 2018 or 2019.  It stated that the new file conversion does not bring any errors over to the new update. I have now updated to Quicken 2019 H & B and the auto-enter still does not work.

This is an extremely import tool I use and have relied on for the past 20+ years of using Quicken. I have a lot of accounts, over 50 auto enter transactions, and several years worth of data on this file.  Recreating is not an option.

What are my options?

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Have you checked the settings in the register accessed from the gear icon on the right? "Reminders to show in the register", Here you can specify time period or don't show, what's selected?

As to the "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it."   I get that when first validating after a version update.  I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Have you checked the settings in the register accessed from the gear icon on the right? "Reminders to show in the register", Here you can specify timer period or don't show.

As to the "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it."   I get that when first validating after a version update.  I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • SpotteddogSpotteddog Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Quicken H&B v. R15.18, Win 10 

Where do I enter "auto-enter" into the check register? Can't find that option anywhere, even in the "Help" tab.
    Is this something old that my version doesn't support?

Thanks.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Quicken H&B v. R15.18, Win 10 

Where do I enter "auto-enter" into the check register? Can't find that option anywhere, even in the "Help" tab.
    Is this something old that my version doesn't support?

Thanks.

An "auto-enter" reminder that won't "auto-enter" needs to be edited or deleted.
    If it says "Done" see below.
    Otherwise "edit this and all future ..." and change it to "Remind me xx days ...", then record all past due reminders or change the due date to the next due date beyond today. If that doesn't work and you can't delete it, ...

Below:

Validate

Validate your
    Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had
    crashes, hang-ups or loops while running Quicken. Repeated crashes may
    eventually render a data file "broken beyond repair".

Please run this
    procedure, skipping no steps:

- Make a copy of
    your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy.  Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save
    files)

If Quicken reports an error creating the Copy file, skip directly to the last
    step.

- Click File / File
    Operations / Validate and Repair. Click "Validate File" and
    "Rebuild investing lots", check to make sure the copied file is being
    validated. If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your
    problems, also select "Delete investing price history".  Click OK. Let it run.

- Fix any errors
    logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Click File / File
    Operations. Press and hold SHIFT+CTRL as you click Validate and Repair. The
    next popup should show "Supervalidate" somewhere in header or text.
    Click "Supervalidate File", check to make sure the copied file is
    being validated, click OK. Let it run. It might run for a while.

- Again fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Now close and
    restart Quicken using this new file and try your failing action again. If it
    works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.

- If that doesn't

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data