Why don't transactions in my register show up in my reconcile window?

I'm using Quicken for Mac 2017. There are a lot of transactions in my register that do not show up in the reconcile window. They are within the dates, & in some cases are the same date as transactions that do show up in the reconcile windows.The only way I get them to show up is to create a duplicate transaction. I have even tried to drag them to the reconcile window w/o success.

I would also like to know if there is a way to prevent the splits w/in the transaction from auto opening. My prev version (2007 for mac) had a setting to stop them from auto opening. I can't find any thing similar in the 2017 version.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• larielarie Member
    edited December 2016
    The splits opening automatically was a complaint from many during the beta testing. Apparently they didn't make a change before releasing. Hopefully they will make that change in the next update because it really is frustrating! 
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    How are the transactions entered into your register, manually or do you download them from your FI/Bank?

As for the split transactions auto-opening, there currently is no way to control this. You may want to add your VOTE for Expanding split transactions options.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • FlWing NutFlWing Nut Member
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue.I enter them manually, the dates are correct. What's frustrating is that one of my checking accounts works fine and the other does not. The transactions are in the register but don't show up in the reconcile window.
  • edited March 2017
    I found this in an FAQ on this site: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?

To change which transactions appear in a reconcile, you can change the transaction Posting date or the reconcile Ending Statement Date.
    To view and/or modify the transaction Posting date: right-click the transaction in the register; hold down CTRL while left-clicking "Copy transaction(s)"; chose, or key, the desired Posting date and click OK.
    [To view the "Downloaded Posting Date" (different field than Posting date): Account Actions > Register columns. Put a check mark in "Downloaded Posting Date". Q2011 and newer.]
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

I found this in an FAQ on this site: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?

To change which transactions appear in a reconcile, you can change the transaction Posting date or the reconcile Ending Statement Date.
    To view and/or modify the transaction Posting date: right-click the transaction in the register; hold down CTRL while left-clicking "Copy transaction(s)"; chose, or key, the desired Posting date and click OK.
    [To view the "Downloaded Posting Date" (different field than Posting date): Account Actions > Register columns. Put a check mark in "Downloaded Posting Date". Q2011 and newer.]

This FAQ appears to be for Quicken for Windows. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6