Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Manually Entering Stock Prices Q16 Windows

Bill Halberstadt
Bill Halberstadt Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have a fund which has many errors in its price history. I have uncoupled it from online price lookup, and need to enter and update prices manually. I was able to do this in earlier versions of Quicken, but cannot find a method in Q16 (Windows). Is there a way?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    You can enter the price of a security directly on the Investing -> Portfolio view, but for multiple prices or correcting old prices, you probably just want to edit the price history directly.
    Ctrl+Y select the name of the security.
    Update -> Price History

From there you can add, delete, and edit the price history.
  • Anthony Charlton
    Anthony Charlton Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have gone in and updated the prices but they revert back to the wrong prices as soon as I do an update,  
  • Bill Halberstadt
    Bill Halberstadt Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    QPW said:

You can enter the price of a security directly on the Investing -> Portfolio view, but for multiple prices or correcting old prices, you probably just want to edit the price history directly.
    Ctrl+Y select the name of the security.
    Update -> Price History

From there you can add, delete, and edit the price history.

Naturally, just after I posted the question, I found the answer, as in the response above - thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I have gone in and updated the prices but they revert back to the wrong prices as soon as I do an update,  

In that case, go to the Security List. Edit the security and remove the ticker symbol. Remove the checkmark from Download Quotes in the Security List.
This discussion has been closed.