re-reconiling past months

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Quicken 2017 Home & Business from Quicken 2014 Home Premium.  I am attempting to reconcile a number of months back to my last reconciliation, but I am getting a false starting balance.  I do not want to log a balance adjustment.

How does one change the "reconciled" condition of past entries, specifically in bulk?  I don't mind re-reconciling old statements to find where the actual discrepancy originated, but I don't want to have to go through old, reconciled lines and change each individual line, there are hundreds of line entries that would need to be changed before I can reconcile again.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• QuickenUserDCQuickenUserDC Member
    edited February 2017

If you sort the register in a way that can group the entries you are trying to change together, you can use the normal Windows selection keys to select a group of transactions. Then you can change the CLR column.

Note: The beginning balance is calculated by Quicken and is not 'stored' so if the beginning balance is wrong, then there is an error in previous transactions. Somehow something was accidently changed, added or deleted to make the beginning balance wrong.

• J WhiteJ White Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for the quick answer.

I can select all of the "reconciled" transactions at once, but can't figure out how to change all of the "R"s to "C"s in the Clr column since the reconciled, cleared, and uncleared designations are selected and input via a drop down menu.

Is there another way to change all of the "Clr" inputs at once?  Those are the line-by-line entries/changes I need to make in bulk.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Right click on one of them and click edit. Than use the dropdowns at the bottom of the window to change the desired field values...
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That should say after you have selected them,...
  • J WhiteJ White Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you very much Greg.  Your recommendation worked.

Jim.
This discussion has been closed.