Home Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

Budget not showing up on mobile device?

Quicken 2017 Deluxe, my desktop budget is not showing up on my mobile device, Android phone. Error Says I have not set up a budget. How do I fix this?

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you go to the Mobil & Alerts tab on the desktop, you should see Budget in the lower left.  Select the budget you want (if more than one) and then sync.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • NordinKaNordinKa Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I think the problem here is the budget was not consistently sync to mobile. For example, today if you choose Budget A to sync to mobile, it will sync. Then tomorrow Budget A was not there already in the mobile. You have again to choose it in the desktop to sync to mobile.Looks like it lost somewhere in the cloud.
    I have experienced this in Q17RPM and so far, no solution to consistently get the budget to stay permanently in the mobile. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Geoff.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited December 2016

I have the same problem.  with Q17 (26.1.3.40 - Win10.  I talked with Quicken support today, they did not have an answer when I asked if this was a known bug.  My symptoms are the following:  If you go to Mobile and Alerts page, on the bottom Right where you select the "Budget To Show on Phone or Tablet" - no matter the budget I select here, the panel always shows "No budget selected".  

The work around process I have to follow then, is to sync everything, do my work within the Desktop Application, and the last step is to go to the Mobile and Alerts Page and select the budget.  I do this every time I sync my mobile devices, I have to go to this page because the Desktop Application never saves the budget that is selected.  So anytime you sync to cloud, the desktop thinks there is no budget selected because it never saves the budget you select. 

I have tried selecting other budgets, copying budgets.  No budget ever saves.

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Travis I have not seen this behavior, so I don't believe this to be a bug.  If you have not run a file validation, I would suggest you start there.  Does the budget selection work correctly under Planning?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the exact same problem as Travis, and my workaround is exactly the same.  I believe it is indeed a bug.
  • Jim PeelgrenJim Peelgren Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same problem but, for me, the workaround is not working. It is indeed a bug.
This discussion has been closed.