Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Q2016 I want to update my 401k holdings. The next date availabe is 1Q16. I need to use prior dates

craig
craig Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken2016: I want to "update 401k holdings". The next date available is 1Q16. I need to use prior dates. How can I do that?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don't think you can go back in time in your current 401(k) account if you're up-to-date with your holdings based on downloaded information from the brokerage.
    What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve? Tell us more, please.
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    All my data were entered in quicken 2010 home and business manually.  I upgraded to quicken 2016 deluxe and I entered data for a 401k withdrawal in 2016.  However I had not entered quarterly data for 2012 through 2015.  Now I want to manually enter these quarterly data using the 'update 401k holdings'.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Is that just updating the price quote for the securities you hold?
    Or are you missing Buy / Sell / Dividend / etc. transactions for 2012 - 2015?
    In the latter case you have to manually enter these Buy / Sell / Dividend / etc. transactions based on your old brokerage statements.
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I have to enter quarterly data:  the shares bought and sold, the prices.  I usually go to the the 'update 401k holdings' drop-down menu, enter the quarter I want to use and enter the data.  If I cannot go back to 2012 will I have to go to the transaction page and enter the data there?
This discussion has been closed.