Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Isn't it time the Quicken Mobile App supported PDF attachments. (8 Legacy Votes) [edited]

Isn't it time the Quicken app for Android smartphones supported PDF attachments. PDF has been around for a long time. I sync from a Mac laptop to an Android phone using Quicken 2016.
10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I think it would be very helpful if the software would allow us to save PDF files to the cloud.  I know you have a size limitation of 5mb, but many PDF files meet that requirement.  I print to PDF files copies of invoices from online purchases, but if I can't access them from the cloud, that is a problem.  Is this something you could allow in a future release?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You can view files saved as transaction attachments now using QMobile.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    ??? They don't save to th cloud in the first place, so how is a QMobile phone going to help me?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Versions from QW2013 forward have mobile/cloud sync as an available feature. Whatever accounts you specify to sync to the cloud would have the last 2 years of transactions and any associated transaction attachments available for viewing with a mobile device.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Versions from QW2013 forward have mobile/cloud sync as an available feature. Whatever accounts you specify to sync to the cloud would have the last 2 years of transactions and any associated transaction attachments available for viewing with a mobile device.

Ms. Higgins have you tested this?

The keyword here I think is PDF.  I just tested this and attachments that were images show up on mobile, but a PDF doesn't.  And that isn't really to surprising since you can't attach a PDF as far as I know in mobile.  You can only take pictures.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This should apply to iOS too....
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled transfer reply.

Add pdf viewing/attachments like on desktop version.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sync attachments to Quicken Cloud.

I would like all attachments to sync to Quicken

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited November 2019

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sync attachments to Quicken Cloud.

Comment from Smayer97: Please elaborate as QMobile is supposed to sync attachments.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited November 2019

Comment from Robert Jones: If you attach a pdf reciept on the Mac, it does not sync to iOS
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited November 2019

Comment from Robert Jones: I think JPEG is the only thing that syncs.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

It syncs JPEG files..Does not sync PDF's
  • smayer97
    edited November 2019

correct
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Add your vote here:

(

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    This should be a given and not an idea that should be left to die.

Add your vote here:

(

• From what I can tell, it is not possible to view PDF attachments in the mobile app. Picture files work fine, but PDFs do not show up properly in the mobile app. I often attach PDF statements or receipts to transactions, and I dislike having to log in to Quicken on the Web to view them when I am not at my computer. Please make it possible to view PDF attachments to transactions in the Quicken Mobile app for iOS and iPadOS. Thanks!
  • Pete Creedon
    Pete Creedon Member ✭✭
    edited January 29
    I have asked before about this issue. Doesn't make sense to me not being able to attached or view a PDF file. All my transactions have something attached to them. When I am back at my desktop version, I have to convert my PDF files to Images and then attached them to the transaction so I can view them on the mobile app
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @Pete Creedon

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to view PDF files on the mobile app.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jstansbury
    jstansbury Member
    I agree! It should be a given. Any attachment should be viewable from any device...that's the whole point of having things sync across multiple devices. If I have a PDF attached to a transaction on my computer, I want to be able to view it on my phone as well.
  • edlaird
    edlaird Member
    I am using Windows 10 Why can't I attach a PDF to my Quicken transaction. Your popup "Transaction Attachments" Screen lists PDF files?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @edlaird

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question. The ability to attach a PDF in the mobile app is currently not supported.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~