Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Security Price history shows future date -- any way to do a batch correction?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Several securities are showing a 2038 date and zero price history. This issue has been reported in past. Is there a macro that will to search and replace security prices, or does one need to go trough each security individually ?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Run a file validation. It will, among other potential file consistency issues, list (but not delete) these bad Price History records. Using that list go in and delete the bad records one at a time.

-
    Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click Validate File, check
    to make sure the correct file is being validated, click OK.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

Run a file validation. It will, among other potential file consistency issues, list (but not delete) these bad Price History records. Using that list go in and delete the bad records one at a time.

-

Precisely what I did to find out that there were erroneous dates in the security file. I am asking whether there is a utility that can bulk change ir delete such data. At present Search and Replace is only available for register data.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

-

And the answer was to do it manually one at a time.  There is no batch utility to make that type of change (or any type of change really).  

When I faced that issue, I used the portfolio view with the as of date set to 1/18/2038 and all securities shown and sorted by security.  All the securities that did NOT have the little clock icon next to the price had a bad price. From that view, I deleted the bad entries - still, one at a time.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

-

Now that's what I call "thinking out of the box"!

No utility available that I know of.
    No option in Validate to make it delete these bad histories, either.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

-

Agree with ukr, q.lurker's method is quite ingenious.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

-

Great idea! I guess I will put it in the form of a wish list to Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    UKR said:

-

From reading similar posts, these dates could have been around since I had Q2013...so maybe I need more due diligence.  Thanks for all the input...I would call this issue resolved, but don't know how to indicate that in the Community
This discussion has been closed.