Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

2017 Quicken...revert transaction downloads to YES

Karen
Karen Member ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Investing (Windows)
When I first downloaded Quicken 2017, my account list was defaulted to "transaction download" YES. I stupidly changed it to NO. I want it back to yes, but when I click "activate downloads" for any of the accounts, it wants the name of the account and balances, but won't let me choose an existing account. It says....that name is already in use. I can't find where I can revert to original default. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It would help if you can tell us if you are using QWin or QMac.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Karen
    Karen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    sorry...windows 10.  And I was able to change one account, because somehow a window came up and gave me the option of changing.  But still need to change another two accounts.
  • Karen
    Karen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Found my answer....Choose Edit menu > Preferences. In the left pane, select Downloaded Transactions. 
    In the right pane, check or uncheck Automatically add to banking registers and Automatically add to investment transaction lists. 
    Click OK. 
This discussion has been closed.