Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Allocation by ETF's.

Bernardo Sacchini
Bernardo Sacchini Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Investing (Windows)
For me it is not that relevant to set asset type targets because I invest directly in ETF that have little or no asset type overlap.

I allocate my investments directly trough ETF"s and not trough asset classes or security type. Is it possible to set a target for security allocation (in my case ETF;s) and have your portfolio value be evaluated and rebalanced against that target?

For example: I have a portfolio target that consists of 50% VTI ETF and 50% BSV ETF (in simplistic terms, that is 50-50 stocks, bonds). How can I use quicken to set that target and periodically measure my deviations from any of the ETF I invest in.

Thanks

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You can manually set the asset classes for the ETF and choose not to have the asset classes updated.  (Edit the Security Details).  You might make the BSV associate to Domestic Bonds and the VTI associate to Large Cap or Other.  From that point, it is basically using the standard Quicken tools.  You can use the Asset allocation wizards (to set targets), or rely on portfolio groupings and Investment Allocation reports, etc.  

HTH
This discussion has been closed.