Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I want to produce a chart showing the performance of one of my investing accounts from January 1, 20

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    What Q product are you running?  And, do you have investment transactions for 1/1/00?
    Q will only produce reports where there are positions on at least the start date.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    What, exactly, do you mean by "a chart showing the performance of one of my investing accounts"?

If by that you want to see, say, the growth or decline in the balance of the account by month or year for that time period, you could (I'm assuming a Windows version here) simply run a net worth report over the period, selecting an interval of "Month" or "Year, and limiting the report to reporting just on that one investment account.

If what you want to see is the percentage growth or decline per Month or Year then Quicken can't do that for you directly.  You'd have to run the net worth report described previously, export that to Excel, derive the period-to-period percentages, then have Excel prepare the graph.

If you want to see real "performance" of the account, stripping out the "increase" in the account when you transfer fresh money in or the "decline" when you take funds out, then you'd want to run a monthly or yearly Internal Rate of Return (Performance Report) and take those numbers, one at t time, and put then into an Excel spreadsheet.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I just want a visual display of the increase or decline of the value of the account over a hypothetical period. The account is a Roth belonging to my wife and there have been no deposits or withdrawals since the beginning of the period I am trying to look at, since she is and has been retired since before the beginning point of the time frame I want to display.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016

What Q product are you running?  And, do you have investment transactions for 1/1/00?
    Q will only produce reports where there are positions on at least the start date.

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2012 and there would be existing investments on whatever date I choose to begin the display.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I just want a visual display of the increase or decline of the value of the account over a hypothetical period. The account is a Roth belonging to my wife and there have been no deposits or withdrawals since the beginning of the period I am trying to look at, since she is and has been retired since before the beginning point of the time frame I want to display.

The use the Net Worth report if the fashion described.  That will give exactly what you are asking for.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Have you looked at the Investing tab or Menu option, Performance view?
    Properly customized to the desired account(s), choice of securities (or All) and Custom Date Range, this should show you what you're looking for.

By the way, do you have all the patches available for Q 2012 installed?

Old Quicken Patch downloads 2000+, US versions only

When running an old,
    unsupported Quicken version you may no longer be able to download bug fixes
    (patch files) directly from Quicken.

However, they are still available here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show the highest Release number
    available for your version (year), as shown on this webpage, download and
    install the appropriate file(s) from the link above.

This discussion has been closed.