Password Vault Dialog Box

Snowman
Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

Another one of my pet peeves is when you start the program.  You get the dialog box Enter Vault password.  If I have already downloaded for the day I click skip. I would like this to skip everything and go straight to the program.  Now it brings up another dialog box for One Step Update Settings.

Might I suggest the following. On the Enter Vault Password dialog box add another button for Update One Step Settings, then you can click that button to go to that dialog box OR you can click Skip and get right to the program...

0 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi, Snowman. I don't get these annoying prompts that you are getting, have you tried just turning them off? Try going to Tools>Schedule Updates and turning off "Prompt for Password Vault password at Windows startup. While you are there you probably want to turn off all of the other schedule options; that leaves you able and responsible to run the updates when and how you want.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Hi, Snowman. I don't get these annoying prompts that you are getting, have you tried just turning them off? Try going to Tools>Schedule Updates and turning off "Prompt for Password Vault password at Windows startup. While you are there you probably want to turn off all of the other schedule options; that leaves you able and responsible to run the updates when and how you want.

The point is I do want the prompts to be there the first time each day that I go into Quicken.  By adding the extra button I can then avoid the second annoying prompt after that first startup of the day.  FYI I do not have a schedule set and under Passwords I either have to select At Windows Startup or Before each scheduled update.  Trying to change the setting only produces error messages saying that I must create a schedule first, which I do not want to do.

Thanks for the information though.

This discussion has been closed.