Budget Enhancement - Add Print feature to Annual View.

Scooterlam
Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
Budget Enhansement - Add Print feature to Annual View. I cannot seem to customize a current budget report that shows me what:Annual View shows (budget only, by month, subtotaled by category rollups and category groups), not to mention printing it in a way that doesn't consume lots of paper.   If there is a way to print exactly what I see in Annual View, please do tell me!

Pls. Vote !

Scott
0 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    This may or may not address your issue. Are you running WIndows 10. I you are, there is a 'snipping tool' that will allow you to capture anything on the screen and then print the picture. Not great, but might meet your immediate need.
  • Scooterlam
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Ed. Funny.... I've been using Snag-it to take screen grabs! More or less same as your suggestion!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    As an alternative, let us turn off the "actual" columns in the current budget report
  • Scooterlam
    edited August 2018
    I see that Quicken added the ability to print an annual budget view in QW2018 R3.

Unfortunately, the "fit to one page wide" checkbox in the print dialogue is not respected. I cannot get a full 12 months printed 1 page wide (letter) other than going to Legal size paper.  Can only print to October on the first page. This occurs regardless of printing to my printer or a PDF service.  Does anyone else have this issue?  See first image.

Also,   The budget categories roll-ups AND category groups (Non-Discretionary v. Discretionary) are not respected in the printout. Instead, they are sorted alphabetically!   See second image.  If I want to print a budget annual view, I would have expected to print exactly what I see on screen.  

sigh....IMO, half baked functionality that may not see further development cycles. Hope I am wrong.

Scott

• Scooterlam
    edited August 2018
    Quicken advertises "Print Budgets" as a new feature in QW2018 R3.    In addition to the problems with the printed output that I highlighted previously (above), I also found that Quicken DOES NOT include the "everything else" category.

If you made "everything else" a category and budgeted for it, you will NOT see it in the budget annual view printout.....In my case, the difference in budget between what you see in quicken and what you printout is $ 2 000.  Meaning the printout of the budget is 2 grand lower than what is shown on screen due 2 missing "everything else categories".

Nice....Again half-baked functionality pushed out to the market while calling it a "new feature" in 2018 R3.  A sign of things to come?

Scott
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll log defects for these and see how soon we can fix them. 
  • Scooterlam
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Sangeetha.  Feel free to reach out if you want any further feedback or assistance.  Would be happy to assist.  Scott
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks Sangeetha.  Feel free to reach out if you want any further feedback or assistance.  Would be happy to assist.  Scott

Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

@Scott, we have fixed the issues you reported related to 'everything else' and 'category roll-ups'. This will be available in R6, scheduled for late feb. If you are a beta customer, you can test it in the beta that were are releasing this week. If you are not on beta, I'll try to get you an early build for you to test. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.