Home Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

budget income categories show strange balances

jas00jas00 Member ✭✭
I'm creating a new budget for 2017.  I selected create new budget from budget actions.  As I started to select categories and enter new values, the balance showed unusual values,  I have income categories that have valid amounts in each month, but show a 0 balance.  This doesn't happen on all categories.  To eliminate any rollover effect, I deleted all categories for 2016, and only had categories in 2017.  Still same result.  It seems to affect expense categories too.  I have an insurance category that when all months are zero, it shows a negative balance.  The negative value is the amount I spent in 2016.

It seems that actuals from the previous year have been somehow carried into the new budget.  Any suggestions on how to clear them?

Comments

• jas00jas00 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    After some digging, I found that the 2017 budget is showing actual amounts for some categories.  The amounts are actually 2016 amounts.  I haven't found a way to clear these.
  • jas00jas00 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    After further analysis, I discovered that all the actuals showing for 2017 are from scheduled bill & income reminders.  They aren't from 2016 as I had first thought.  I changed one of the scheduled bills and it changed in the 2017 actuals.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
  • jas00jas00 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I found that there is an option to include reminders that can be turned off.  It in Budget Actions:View Options.
  • ReneeRenee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting this. Solved a big mystery for me. THANK YOU!
This discussion has been closed.