Sync Exception with no longer any file info

I am using Deluxe 2017 on a Windows 10 computer.
When signing on this morning, the one step downloading gave me a Sync Exception message "Unknown Sync exception" with only an "OK" answer. Now some of my accounts have no data at all showing when I try to open that particular account! Do I need to do a restore?

Comments

• ksjosh82ksjosh82 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue, although my accounts are normal, just wont sync properly with my mobile device
  • ScottScott Member
    edited December 2016
    Similar issue when trying to sync to cloud. Quicken continues to have it's issues as it has over the years. Often seems like beta tests go on for months after a release. v2017 is already at update 3 and I'm always, for some reason, surprised how each new release always has basic problems with old functions.
  • NehemothNehemoth Member
    edited March 2017
    Same issue here, since this morning.
    Windows 10 x64, Quicken H&B 2017 R3

I checked the Sync Error and this is what I've found

{"error":{"message":"A server error was encountered while attempting to validate the oAuth access token","exception":"OAuthServerErrorException","errorCode":"CL-1075"}}
  • edited January 2017
    Same problem:  Might be server malfunction (just my opinion), (Q-WinH&B2017) This sync exception also occurs after attempting to reset the cloud data (win7/sp1),  Is it safe to delete the cloud data, and if I do that, will be I be able to set up the cloud data again, with the same data file?  If this IS a server issue, when it will it be fixed?  To clarify, I did not seem to lose data from any of my accounts, although they were very slow to react, that is, the online balances typically are immediately reflected in the list of financial institutions and balances, but this did not occur.  In order to update the list, after reconciling each account, I would need to click the upper right sittings button (gear like icon in upper right of Quicken window) and choose "Update Transactions" but do not actually perform the online UPDATE.  After the window opens that allows performing the online update, close that window, and then the account updates in the list.  Something is obviously wrong here.  I currently use R3, the latest update.
  • edited December 2016
    Scott said:

Similar issue when trying to sync to cloud. Quicken continues to have it's issues as it has over the years. Often seems like beta tests go on for months after a release. v2017 is already at update 3 and I'm always, for some reason, surprised how each new release always has basic problems with old functions.

This is something that just today (or since I last updated on 12/27) began with the synch issue.  I cannot get Quicken cloud to synch, and I keeo getting a ":Synch Exception" and the cloud does NOT synch (no notification that synch has been successful).  I have used QW17H&B since soon after its release, and I have had no problems with it before today.  I started with R2, however, which was available as early as I decided to purchase it and to upgrade from QW16H&B, but I updated to R3 early in the process; I recently tried to use the Mondo patch to fix R3, but the patch would not work.  Then, the next time I tried to use Quicken, I was told that the update to R3 was available from the One Step Update window, so I downloaded it, and for a few days, it has worked okay (not including today, 12/.31).  I use Win 7Ultimate/SP1, 64bit.  Wish I could be of further assistance, but this sure seems like a server error.  (just my opinion.)
  • NehemothNehemoth Member
    edited March 2017
    ZeeWatchful Eye I was expecting a server malfunction too.
    Today, without doing anything different, I could be able to sync just fine
  • edited January 2017
    I wish I had waited patienty, like you.  Instead, I tried to reset data, as I explained in a post, above.  That worked only partially, deleting the data, but refusing to resynch it.  After trying other available alternatives that should not have been destructive, I finally tried to reset my cloud data, which occurred but only to the extent of deleting it and then refusing to reload it.  So, I signed out of my Intuit or User ID and signed back in, with the same ID.  I was then prompted to set up mobile, again, and I tried to do so (now, many times, with inconsistent results).  I had made multiple copies of my data file (NEVER a bad idea), and have used copies when the original data file would not be accepted (for whatever reason).  I am at a point where the online transactions will download from every financial institution, and I suppose some would consider that a winning scenario, but synching, though improved now, is still imperfect. Before this "synch exception" began (popus displaying with "synch exception" when trying to manually synch or when the data file had changed and I tried to exit Quicken after downloading transactions from my financial institutions), the amount of time it took to complete synching the data file with the cloud was only a few short seconds, if that much.  Now, each time there is either a manual synch or a system synch (after the data file has been changed, and I try to exit Quicken), the "budgets" (I use the system's "budget1") resynch each and every time, as though this data is just not staying in the cloud (or if it is staying there, it is not recognized as being there).  Even if there is a full synch between the data file and the cloud, if I immediately attempt to synch again, manually, everything will synch and it will take a number of minutes just to complete the synching.  Even after this synching is finished, if I try to exit without making any changes to the data file, it will synch AGAIN, as though it had not just finished synching.  Most notably during this synch process is the word "budgets" being displayed as the synch wheel keeps spinning.  All indications are that "budget1" is NOT synching, even though it goes through the synch process, displaying "budgets" during the synchronization process.  Even if I get a message telling me that the synch has successfully completed, if I cancel and exit immediately, instead of exiting without further synching (which should not be necessary and, in the past, was NOT performed) the system will again tell me it is synching the data with the cloud (and, again, most noteably, the "budgets" standing out as lasting longer in this synch process than anything else).  I have repeatedly tried this over and over, signing out from my Intuit ID and signing back in using the same ID, but essentially the result is the same.  The first time I attempt to change from the default of "no budget" to "budget1" the system goes through the synch process (at least, it appears to do so) but does not initially make the change to "budget1."  Instead, while in the Mobile Alerts area, in the upper right part of the screen, I will see a link that allows me to "view errors" and when I click on it, it shows a "low" severity error with respect to the synch process.  I then attempt to repair it, and I am again synched and then shown a message that the synch was successful, and indeed, the "no budget" is now changed to "budget1" and the email alerts area, instead of showing an emoticon with a smile, now shows a number of alerts, as I have come to expect that it would.  

This leads me to believe that when I had reset the data, not all of the data was actually deleted from the cloud.  So, my question now is this:  Using the delete cloud item in Edit | Preferences | Mobile Alerts, will I be able to reset or to set up that cloud data again from either the same or a copy of my data file, if I wish to sign in with the same ID?  Or, will I need to create a new ID to be certain that I have actually deleted the cloud data before trying to set it up, again?

Another way of asking the same question would be this:  Which is the most efficient way of deleting the cloud data with the intent of setting it up, again, and would Quicken recommend using a different ID to accomplish that, or is there a method by which we could use the same ID we have always used to sign in and set up the cloud data.  

I don't mind changing sign-ins to accomplish a certain result, as long as I can go back to what I am used to using -- IF that is possible.

Thank you!
  • edited January 2017
    I've been having this issue for months though it started working again for a few weeks but started up again within the last couple days.
  • edited January 2017
    Nehemoth said:

ZeeWatchful Eye I was expecting a server malfunction too.
    Today, without doing anything different, I could be able to sync just fine

I think this problem was twofold. First, I believe that if a server issue wxisted, it was fixed within a day, as your experience seems to suggest. It turns out that the problem existed in a different form afterwards, because the system toom far too long after I no longer was getting the Synch Exception notice. It was taking far too long for the data file to synch to the cloud. I tried many diffetent steps which had no effect on this problem. It wasnt only slow, but not all data was properly reflected in my mobile app, which confirmed to me tjat my data was not synching to the cloud. I reset my "Budget 1" info to reflect the default info which I believe is taken from the Quicken Data file after deleting that "Budget 1" budget. I had written on this site that I experienced a problem after the Synch Exception notices stopped, which is briefly described here. But, after resetting the "Budget 1" info by first deleting "Budget 1" and recreating it, I had NO further problems, and the data has synced correctly and without notices or errors (except for the notice that data has successfully synced with the cloud (not exact wording). If anyone is interested in the steps I took, I will be happy to list the many steps I took which DID NOT resolve my particular problem. To delete the "Budget 1" info, use the gearlike icon to the right of the budget line on the Quicken home screen. You need to be using "Budget x" to use the method that I used to delete and recreate that budget. If it's Budget 1, don't forget to change from "no budget" or None to "Budget 1" in the Mobile tab of Quicken (from the sections or chapter headings running across the top of the screen. I have also downloaded R4, subsequent to this issue having been solved, and I've experienced no problems with it to date (Jan. 13th 2017). I hope this helps anyone that is having problems synching the data file to the cloud. My Q version is Quicken Win 2017 H&B.

I should add that neither the Synch Exception, the slow synching after the Synch Exception stopped occurring, nor the update to R4 has resulted in ANY noticeable data loss.
This discussion has been closed.