Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Q 2017 for MAC - Change ticker

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Q 2017 for MAC - Have just converted and I have bond mutual fund TEGBX and it's incorrectly in as bond and TEXBX.  How do change the to correct ticker, TEGBX?

Comments

• cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In the top menu. Window -> Securities then select the security.

I qould strongle suggest creating a backup before making major changes like this. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    This appears to be a partial response?  After selecting Securities and then what ?
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Scroll down the list and select the security. Double click and a dialog pops up with the information on the security. One of the fields is the ticker symbol.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    cneal said:

Scroll down the list and select the security. Double click and a dialog pops up with the information on the security. One of the fields is the ticker symbol.

Just a note. When you enter the correct stock symbol, Quicken shows you the matching funds name. If you click on that funds name, it may change the name you have for that fund. This may be a good or bad thing for you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    cneal said:

There appears to be no way to change an incorrectly labelled Bond MF from Bond Type to Mutual Fund Type in Quicken Mac 2017.  Mine has the correct Symbol but incorrect Type.  I need to change it to Type: Mutual Fund.  it screws up the Portfolio views.
  • Stephen Jung
    Stephen Jung Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    cneal said:

I have that problem too. The drop down menu has mutual fund listed, but grayed out.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    cneal said:

I figured this one out for the MAC. 
    1 - click on one of the Accounts. It doesn't matter which one
    2 - click on Window in the top menu bar (far right next to Help)
    3 - select Securities
    4 - scroll through to find the Security you want to edit
    5 - double-click to open the Security record to edit
This discussion has been closed.