QMac: Add Security Symbol column to investment accounts' transactions view (20 Legacy Votes)

Ron Myers
Ron Myers Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Investments (Mac)
Please add "Trading Symbol" column option for Investment Transactions window.

If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted! Your VOTE matters!

Also click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any updates to this thread.

This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests Related to InvestmentsYou may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to other related IDEAS.
0 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Implemented 5.12

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    This seems to me to be a fundamental requirement. There are so many situations where securities have similar names - so it is critical that we can see the symbol when looking at Investment Transactions.
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I would rather have symbol than name in the portfolio view. An option there would be nice.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Totally agree, the symbol is more important than the security name
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QMac: Add Security Symbol column to investment accounts' transactions view.

In the Transactions View for investment accounts in Quicken for Mac, please add a "Security Symbol" column to allow searching and sorting by symbol in addition to security name. 

Note: the contents of this column would always correspond to the contents of the Security column, and would not need to be editable. However, a bonus would be the ability to enter new transactions using this column as an alternative to the Security column. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Patrick Flaherty
    Patrick Flaherty Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm running into problems when searching investment transactions by symbol when: 1) the symbol is not part of the transaction memo (download or manually entered); or 2) when the symbol is a single letter, or a combination of letters, common to many words. The symbol and security name fields need to always be linked, but being able to update one or the other would be most helpful (when one changes, so does the other).  It would also be nice to see the symbol field as one of the filter options similar to date, type, and status. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests Related to InvestmentsYou may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to other related IDEAS.

Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Administrator, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    cneal said:

I would rather have symbol than name in the portfolio view. An option there would be nice.

In the Quicken subscription version, you can already add the symbol column in the portfolio view.  Are you specifically asking to be able to use the symbol instead of the name? 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    cneal said:

It would be very useful to have the option of adding the symbol column in the register view
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    cneal said:

Marcus... Transaction view vs. Portfolio view. The Symbol column is not available to add in the Transaction view as it is in the Portfolio view.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    cneal said:

+1. Transaction view.
This discussion has been closed.