red flag but no transactions to review

red flag at investment account but there are no transactions to review. How do I remove the red flag?

Comments

• Quicken DaveQuicken Dave Alumni
    edited November 2018
    Hi Mike,

I'm sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Mike BihnMike Bihn Member
    edited September 2017
    I am using QWin version 2017 US Rental Property Manager R3 (Build 26.1.3.4). I have 2 red flags without transactions to review, both are investment accounts.
    Mike
  • edited May 2017
    We have same issue with Quicken 2017 Home and Business US PC version.  It is one of our portfolio accounts with Fidelity
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Do these accounts have linked cash accounts?

If so there is a bug in Quicken 2017 that doesn't allow the Downloaded Transactions tab to open in the linked cash account, what those red flags are about.
    See this thread:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2017-doesnt-show-downloaded-transactions
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hmm.  I just looked at that thread again, and they are saying the R3 fixed the problem, so I guess it is something different.
  • edited January 2017
    Same issue with Quicken 2017 Deluxe. US version, Windows.
  • Kip SKip S Member
    edited March 2017
    Same issue with Quicken 2015.  Customer service (chat) couldn't figure out why.

• Stu BreischStu Breisch Member
    edited February 2017
    Same issue with Quicken 2016 home and business on checking and credit card accounts.  Red flag top left by the account when clicked on says you have 96 downloaded transactions and they are not listed on the account page to accept into the register.  I am running 25.1.8.5 after quicken crashed when it forced an update to 25.1.10.1 while downloading transactions and I had to restore the computer to a previous restore point.  Problem with that was there was DATA MISSING FROM THE ACTIVE FILE.  NEVER HAD DATA LOSS WITH A SYSTEM RESTORE.  I have copied the file and verified and this did not fix the issue and only found about a hundred old transactions it said were not valid that were in fact valid.   Have used quicken for over 20 years and now I can not count on the data and reports because they are incomplete.   Found some of the downloaded transactions (not all) in online center transactions lists for the accounts but no way to accept into register.   I am afraid to download more transactions for fear of another "update" that will further damage my data.   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR SUGGEST A BETTER PROGRAM TO USE THAT IS ABLE TO IMPORT QUICKEN DATA INTO?   
  • GH WalGH Wal Member
    edited January 2017
    I am also having the issue of seeing missing downloaded transactions in online center transactions for the problem account at Bank of America but I find no way to accept the transactions into the register. This makes it impossible to deactivate and reactivate the account. When I click continue at the bottom right of the downloaded transactions window, it does nothing. I have tried downloading the missing transactions into a file and then clicking on the file, but it takes me back to the same problem. Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 and Quicken 2016 for Windows
  • Michael BrownMichael Brown Member
    edited January 2017
    Having the same issue with downloads from Fidelity and Wells Fargo investment accounts. Using Quicken 2017 Premier Version R3 (Build 26.1.3.4)
  • YogiYogi Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm having this issue also on a credit card account. Quicken Deluxe 2017,US, Version R3 (Build:26.1.3.4)
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yogi said:

I'm having this issue also on a credit card account. Quicken Deluxe 2017,US, Version R3 (Build:26.1.3.4)

I just got R4, and one of the release notes says that it fixes a problem with the red flag on investment accounts that don't actually have any transactions to review.

I'm not sure if that will pertain to the credit card account.
    In general my general recommendation for non investment accounts is to create a new account (disabling transaction downloading on the old one and adding it to the new one) and then moving transactions from the old one as needed, and deleting the old one.
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts
  • gailyagergailyager Member
    edited January 2017

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave

This problem started right after I upgraded to Quicken 2017 Deluxe Ver R4.

• Mickey SmithMickey Smith Member
    edited October 2018
    Just downloaded R4 for Quicken 2017 (build 26.1.4.5) and still have red flags for several accounts with no transactions to accept. Any work arounds?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Just downloaded R4 for Quicken 2017 (build 26.1.4.5) and still have red flags for several accounts with no transactions to accept. Any work arounds?

If they are non investment accounts see my post above.
  • Mickey SmithMickey Smith Member
    edited January 2017

Thanks, but they are investment accounts.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Oh sorry then.  I don't know a workaround for them.  Supposedly R4 was suppose to have a fix for this kind of problem, but I guess there is more than one thing causing it.

You might see is any of this helps:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-do-not-see-any
  • mikepilomikepilo Member
    edited January 2017
    Same issue....using Quicken 2017 R4.....problem occurred previously in R3, deleted and re-added account to resolve flag.  Shouldn't need to do that.  Problem is very annoying!
    edited January 2017
    Thank you mikepilo.
    deleted seven investment accounts with four institutions. Took hours, what a pain!  But it worked.
    Sad to have to waste hours with a buggy product. First time in many years to have such problems with Q.
  • c ardaryc ardary Member
    edited January 2017
    Same issue that started just after upgrading to Q2017.  Tried waiting for a second update and did R4 with no luck.  The accounts with problems are investment accounts, but no attached cash account.
    edited February 2017
    Update to above post. After deleting investment accounts and reloading, first update produced a red flag on one account.  Strange issue. Unable to make it go away.
  • Mike JacksonMike Jackson Member
    edited March 2017
    Come on Quicken,  this is a very irritating problem. I  am using  2017
    WIN, R4, but it   appears  on older versions also, and many folks have
    the problem. While you try to discover the cause of the bug, how about
    putting together a downloadable tool to move all entries from the Online
    File to the account, and clearing the red flag. I will even test it for
    you! I now have an account locked with 6 transactions in the Online
    File from 3 different dates.
  • Mike JacksonMike Jackson Member
    edited October 2018
    I just updated, and now have the problem in a second account , both investment accounts.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I just updated, and now have the problem in a second account , both investment accounts.

By any chance have you set Quicken to do automatic transaction entry in your investment accounts?
    It would be this setting:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Automatically add investment transaction lists

If so try this:
    Right click on the account in the account bar and select Edit/Delete Account.
    Then select the Online Services tab, select the link for the Automatic entry and change it to No, select OK.

If you are in that account go to another one and back.
    See if there are any transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab.

What I just encountered is that when in automatic entry mode there are some transaction action types where Quicken needs you to give it information.  For instance in a partial sell, it needs what lot to sell.  When in automatic entry mode it can't "ask" these kind of questions.

This has in fact been a problem for a number of years with the automatic entry mode in investment accounts.  What is strange in Quicken 2017 is that the Downloaded Transaction tab will actually appear in these cases even in automatic entry mode, but the transaction will not appear there until you turn off automatic entry mode.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    One other thing to check is the cash balance. Some accounts/FIs will download the cash balance which can also cause red flag if different occasionally. Click the cash balance number at bottom right of register and try to make a match with the downloaded number and see if that clears the flag
  • edited February 2017

I can confirm that this procedure is what cleared my sidebar of red flags. QW17 R4 Premier.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Thanks mistertheplague for confirming that this worked for too.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

I should have mentioned that there isn't any real special about the Automatic entry link over the general setting for all investment accounts.  You can toggle either of them.  Of course the one on the Online Services tab only affects that one account, so you can decide about the on an account basis, and maybe even switch back and forth if desired.
  • edited September 2017
    I did the following to solve the red flag problem: 1. Open the account. 2. Click on Tools and 3. click Online Center. This will display all transactions causing the flag.  You can print all of the transactions causing the red flags from this page.  Several transactions of mine had SOLDX which the automatic download doesn't like.  . I split these into two transactions - one to sell to cash and a second to transfer the cash to another account.  4. Go to "Update/Send" to do an automatic download (and attempted match).  I also found that some transactions just wouldn't clear, so I deleted the offending transactions and reentered them.  Voila! it all worked.  Just 2 hours to clear about 6 items that had been flagged.

Richard H. Schulze
  • edited February 2017

Hi Mike,

Thanks,
    Dave

I have the same problem  and i also am using Quicken 2017 premier version R4 would sure like to see some help from quicken to solve this problem.
This discussion has been closed.