Home Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

Quicken 2017 - Project checking balance less current credit card balance

I recently switched from Quicken 2016 for Mac to Quicken 2017 for Windows.  Quicken 2016 had a useful feature where you could project the balance of a cash account less the balance of a specified debt account.  For example, I could view a single trendline of the balance of my primary checking account less the current balance of my primary credit card.  This was an extremely useful feature as my credit card is my primary spending vehicle.  Is Quicken 2017 able to do anything similar?

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    There is a Projected Balances view on the Bills tab.

If you'd rather see the impact directly in your checking account register, you can use a reminder that auto calculates your credit card balance and use the Show Reminders in the checking account register.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the response.  As you noted, the projected balance option does not allow for projecting a checking account less a credit card balance, but rather just shows two (2) separate trendlines.

By what means are you suggesting to "auto calculate" a credit card balance?
    edited March 2017
    The reminder to pay a credit card account has estimation options that include the credit card balance. The reminder amount will update as you record spending in the credit card account.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    I found the article which states that 'Credit Card Balance' should be an option when enabling quicken to estimate the amount of a bill reminder.  However, this option does not appear in my drop down menu when selecting 'Estimate amount for me'.  Perhaps this option was not carried forward to 2017?
    edited March 2017
    It's only available for reminders that are a payment to your credit card account. For the reminder category, use the name of your credit card account enclosed in square brackets. For example, for a payment to my BofA Visa account, the category is [BofA Visa].
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Mike Burr said:

Thanks for the response.  As you noted, the projected balance option does not allow for projecting a checking account less a credit card balance, but rather just shows two (2) separate trendlines.

By what means are you suggesting to "auto calculate" a credit card balance?

I would also expand on Mike's idea to include selecting the accounts you would like see included in the projected balance total trendline as a sum of all the accounts selected
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2017
    I would also expand on Mike's idea to include selecting the accounts you would like see included in the projected balance total trendline as a sum of all the accounts selected
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    What Quicken Mac has a feature the Windows side doesn't!
    This is an outrage!
    Quicken Windows should have "parity" (or better than Quicken Mac)!

:-)

{Note this post is all tongue and cheek}
This discussion has been closed.