Home Quicken for Windows Budgeting and Planning Tools (Windows)

Manually input budget for Personal Expenses

How can I manually input budget line items for Personal Expenses.  I can do it for Personal Income, Business Income and Business Expenses but not Personal Expenses.  All I can see is that it is done automatically but I want to be able to specify the budget I want, not a calculated amount based on past history.  Quicken 2017 for Windows.

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    What is stopping you from entering budget amounts for the Personal Expenses?
    There really shouldn't be any different between it and the other category groups.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    The Personal Expense category does not show up in the input screen but does show up in the report using historical numbers.  i want to control what amounts are used in the personal category - not the historical amounts.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    BKMK said:

The Personal Expense category does not show up in the input screen but does show up in the report using historical numbers.  i want to control what amounts are used in the personal category - not the historical amounts.

Try this.
    Select: File -> File Operations -> Copy... -> rename if you like, but keep the other defaults, and select OK
    Open the copy.
    Select File -> File Operations -> Validate & Repair... -> Validate File -> OK

Now see if the budget view works right.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    BKMK said:

P.S. If it doesn't you can open the original file from the File menu.
    You should also try contacting Quicken support to see if they have any ideas.
    http://www.quicken.com/contact-support Links are at the bottom of the page.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    BKMK said:

You are a genius - it worked!  THANK YOU!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2017
    BKMK said:

Your welcome.  I glad worked.
This discussion has been closed.