Add Attachment to Scheduled Transaction Before It's Entered in Register

I would like to see the ability to attach a file to a scheduled bill BEFORE it's entered. I often get bill reminders or statements before I pay and enter the transaction. So the statement has to sit around until I enter the transaction, then I can attach it. I would love to be able to do that ahead of time to get it out of the way no matter when the transaction is entered.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• T8246T8246 Member
    edited December 2018
    That sounds like a simple fix on the next version. Just click on the paper clip and scan or attach a file. I like it
  • Joseph FullerJoseph Fuller Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thank you Terry, I'm surprised more users haven't commented. Thanks for the push.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Why not just enter future-dated transactions into the register?  Then you could attach the bill to it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Joseph FullerJoseph Fuller Member ✭✭
    edited November 22

Why not just enter future-dated transactions into the register?  Then you could attach the bill to it.

Because I want to have the ability to attached files to future transaction through Bill Reminders. I don't want to enter transactions until they are paid, not before. What you propose is twice the work since the reminders are all ready in place.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

That sounds like a simple fix on the next version. Just click on the paper clip and scan or attach a file. I like it

Simple for the user, not simple for the programmer.

Where is the program going to store the attachment(s)?
    The programmer would have to extend the functionality of the reminder system to add this.  Not to mention the code on how a reminder gets put into the account register.

Note I think this is a good idea and I voted for it, but also note that this has been suggested in the past, and as you can see it doesn't exist yet.  So I wouldn't expect it to just be thrown in to the next version (unless maybe you meant the next year version, and even then it is doubtful.
  • Kevin ButlerKevin Butler Member
    edited August 12
    Why not add the ability to attach a file to a transaction directly from the enter payment function from Bills & Income?. Instead users have to enter the transaction, then go to the register and attach the file. You should easily be able to make this a 1 step process instead of 2.
  • MitchMitch Member
    edited November 2018
    With all of the recent improvements to Quicken, I'm surprised file attachments haven't been changed in ages.

1. When I enter a scheduled bill there is no place to attach a file (e.g., car loan statement), so after entering the scheduled bill I then need to go into my checking account to add the file.

2. When you add a file when you're in the register, you click the paper clip and when the window opens you need to click twice to add the file (Add --> Add File). It'd be easier if we were allowed to click and drag the file attachment directly into that window (or the line item in the register).

Is this anywhere on the radar of the Quicken team?
  • JmansdadJmansdad Member ✭✭
    Is it possible to add attachment options to Bill and Income Reminders?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, the answer is No.
    Once the reminder has been executed (and converted into a regular register transaction) you can attach a document to the resulting register transaction