Home Quicken for Mac File Conversion and Backup (Mac)

QM2017 Investment accounts with linked cash account

Reed WelchReed Welch Member ✭✭

I am new to QM2017 and aware this feature is not currently available. 

Converting from QW2014, which has several investment accounts that have linked cash balances in checking accounts with over 3000 transactions. 

Until this feature is available from Intuit, any suggestions on how to efficiently handle this situation and ensure that it may be compatible with future releases?

Just trying to avoid a transaction nightmare in the future, that may be difficult to unravel. 
Thanks for any and all input.

Comments

• J_MikeJ_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes, QMac does not support the concept of linked checking accounts. It will not recognize the transactions common to linked accounts; BuyX, SellX, DivX, .... etc.

Go into the QWin2014 file and undo the 'Show cash in a checking account' option. This will recombine the transactions into a single brokerage account(s).
    Double check that all account balances are correct after this change.
    You can then successfully  convert the data file to QMac2017.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    ...and please go to the link below and VOTE for the idea described there:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-link-accounts-to-brokerage-accoun...
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    My guy at WF informed me today that they have decided to eliminate the linked cash  accounts and go to an in brokerage MM account account to be treated like a stock or MF investment in the specific brokerage account.I understand this should start rolling downhill tomorrow during the downloads. Should be interesting.
  • ConcordmanConcordman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

My guy at WF informed me today that they have decided to eliminate the linked cash  accounts and go to an in brokerage MM account account to be treated like a stock or MF investment in the specific brokerage account.I understand this should start rolling downhill tomorrow during the downloads. Should be interesting.

I downloaded them from the Fi this AM..so far so good
This discussion has been closed.