Quicken 2016 R11 Downloaded Transactions Issue

Comments

• BillBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Meg said:

Did you all get the email about the "premium" phone support??  You get unlimited priority access for one year for just $49.99!  What a crock!  I have been using this product since the days of dial up and now I am ready to switch.  I can not believe the lack of support with this problem and now they want us to pay for it.  Yeah, I think not!  Someone mentioned trying out personal capital, any reviews of that yet?  Any other viable option other than quicken?  I am so done!

Mr Bill, sir, you are mistaken... personal capital gives you the opportunity to select this month, last month, this year, last year, or a custom time interval.image
  • Tom HamptonTom Hampton Member
    edited April 2017
    I too started seeing this problem with the installation of Q2016R11. At the beginning of March 2017 Quicken support gave me their "fix" (which was turning on automatic entry of downloaded transaction. I at least got my transactions, but I didn't know if it really solved the issue. Now I see the same problem is still there, and Quicken support team is basically clueless and saying "deal with it." I can't automatically accept transactions and then delete them later in the linked investment account, that is so stupid. I was going to revert back to R10 and turn off the auto update, but I can't find where to do that.
  • MisterBillMisterBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Meg said:

Did you all get the email about the "premium" phone support??  You get unlimited priority access for one year for just $49.99!  What a crock!  I have been using this product since the days of dial up and now I am ready to switch.  I can not believe the lack of support with this problem and now they want us to pay for it.  Yeah, I think not!  Someone mentioned trying out personal capital, any reviews of that yet?  Any other viable option other than quicken?  I am so done!

You're right -- how stupid of me not to have realized that!
  • Robert BenneRobert Benne Member
    edited April 2017
    Tom - I don't think you can.  You have to disconnect your ethernet cord
    or turn off your wi-fi temporarily while the program boots up.  Sucks I
    know, but I haven't found any other way and Intuit does not appear to be
    in any hurry to fix the problem!
  • gmalis1gmalis1 Member
    edited April 2017

Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for over a year now.   They have nothing to do with Quicken.  
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

Tom and Robert, yes you can roll back to R10 version. It takes some doing. Scroll back to may be about 10 or 12 posts into this long thread and you will see the detailed method
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

Gmalis1, coincidence? I'm beginning to think intuit took all the talent with them.
  • K CashK Cash Member
    edited April 2017

R12 finally here.  It is supposed to fix issue with R11 downloads.  Not sure yet if it does.
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

Here's the link for R12... or is it R11?  The release notes link says R11.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
  • zhezhangzhezhang Member
    edited April 2017

The link seems to be still for R11.
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

Yes, it is still R11, even though the date at the top says 4/19.  The release notes say nothing about the issue we're having.
  • DQKNDQKN Member
    edited April 2017

I blocked the R12 update in Windows UAC and went to download transactions. Quicken showed an available update and I clicked on update details. The info displayed mentioned the linked cash account problem was fixed in this update. I haven't updated to R12 yet.
  • TimTim Member
    edited April 2017

I have been running Q16DR10 for a few weeks after encountering the original "linked accounts" problem.  I did the uninstall/install/R10M procedure and have been happy.

A few days ago, I allowed the R11M patch to be applied, when I noticed it was updated and slightly larger than the previous R11M patch.

Although I didn't do extensive testing, it didn't fix the "linked accounts" problem.  But it did want to update me to Q2017.

I am happy, back with the Q16DR10, until they fix "linked accounts".

I haven't seen anything about R12.  Perhaps I need to do R11M first??

I am getting good at uninstalling/installing and applying R10M.  It only takes me 3 minutes! 
  • TimTim Member
    edited April 2017

I just downloaded the new Q16R11Mondo patch.  It has yesterdays date on it, and is larger than the previous two versions that I have.

Not sure what to make of this odd versioning scheme.  Why would they have three variations of a file named exactly the same?  I write software for a living, we use build numbers, release numbers, and versions.  We never provide different software packages with the exact same version/release.

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I think I will wait for R12.
  • Todd BolonTodd Bolon Member
    edited April 2018
    I was having this issue until today.

I downloaded the April 19 Mondo patch today, installed it, and then went into Quicken to see if it worked and Quicken told me I had an update available to download.  So I clicked that link and updated and the problem is gone. I did an update on my accounts, a couple had cash transactions in the linked cash accounts, and they showed up and let me accept them. 

I am not sure if the Mondo patch caused the update available message, if they were independent, and whether they were really the same update coming in two different routes (I think that last theory is the most likely).

Also when I click on help and about it says I am on Quicken Home & Business 2016 Release R12 (25.1.12.2)
  • Jeff HawkeyJeff Hawkey Member
    edited April 2017

I downloaded the April 19 Mondo patch today, installed it, and then went into Quicken to see if it worked and Quicken told me I had an update available to download.  So I clicked that link and updated and the problem is gone. I did an update on my accounts, a couple had cash transactions in the linked cash accounts, and they showed up and let me accept them. 

I am not sure if the Mondo patch caused the update available message, if they were independent, and whether they were really the same update coming in two different routes (I think that last theory is the most likely).

Also when I click on help and about it says I am on Quicken Home & Business 2016 Release R12 (25.1.12.2)

I also installed the update and it fixed the issue for me as well. Had a little catching up to do ...
    edited April 2017

I downloaded the patch a few minutes ago, installed it and About Quicken shows Release R11 (25.1.11.5). Mine is Quicken Deluxe.
  • TimTim Member
    edited April 2017

I think Todd is saying R12 is an update patch for R11. Its probably not indicated as R12, just an "update". Close Quicken, and open again, and see if it offers to update you.

I think I will try this later today, now that 2 people have said it works.

R12 is just a patch for R11. Its not an all inclusive "Mondo" patch. It probably needs to be applied on top of R11.
    edited April 2017

I downgraded to R10 a few weeks back. Today I downloaded and installed the Mondo patch and About Quicken shows Release R11
    (25.1.11.5).

However, I then went to
    Help-->Check for updates, It shows a R12 available. Did the update
    from within Quicken, now it shows Release R12 (25.1.12.2)
  • TimTim Member
    edited April 2017

And do linked accounts work for you??
    edited April 2017

Not sure, don't have any transactions on the linked account today. Guess I will go back to a backup and try it.
  • edited April 2017

I was one that went back to R 10. I downloaded and installed the April 19 Mondo patch just now (R 11), and then went into the Quicken Help Menu, Check For Updates. Downloaded and installed R 12.

About Quicken says I am on Quicken Delux 2016 Release R 12 (25.1.12.2). Tabs are on linked accounts.
    edited April 2017

My linked account now works with R12 (25.1.12.2).
    edited April 2017

Now this link shows R12, and the release notes.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
  • edited April 2017

Linked accounts now work. Thanks for the update.
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017

This is from the Release Notes:

"General

• Fixed: An issue where the Bill and Income Reminder or Compare to Register tab was not shown for Linked Cash Accounts. "
  • T HerbertT Herbert Member
    edited April 2017

I am now updated to R12.  I had been using the automatic entry feature for an account.  When Quicken first started after the update, I turned off the automatic entry but the tabs were not back. Closing Quicken and reopening the program put them back.
  • AnonAnon Member
    edited April 2017
    Since others reported success, I upgraded to R12.  I'm not certain whether the downloaded transactions will work in linked accounts for me yet, since I haven't seen a new one come through yet.  However, the "Downloaded Transactions" tab at the bottom of the register has returned, which provides some hope.

That said, it appears this update has regressed the bill reminder functionality, which seems related.  From what I could tell, in R11, the downloaded transactions tab was still present, but it was covered by the Bill Reminders tab and wasn't clickable.  It almost seems like Quicken "fixed" this by deleting the Bill Reminders tab completely, re-exposing the "Downloaded Transactions" tab.  That would still be welcome news for me, since that is more important, but it seems to trade one problem for (yet) another.
  • MisterBillMisterBill Member
    edited April 2017
    Anon said:

Since others reported success, I upgraded to R12.  I'm not certain whether the downloaded transactions will work in linked accounts for me yet, since I haven't seen a new one come through yet.  However, the "Downloaded Transactions" tab at the bottom of the register has returned, which provides some hope.

That said, it appears this update has regressed the bill reminder functionality, which seems related.  From what I could tell, in R11, the downloaded transactions tab was still present, but it was covered by the Bill Reminders tab and wasn't clickable.  It almost seems like Quicken "fixed" this by deleting the Bill Reminders tab completely, re-exposing the "Downloaded Transactions" tab.  That would still be welcome news for me, since that is more important, but it seems to trade one problem for (yet) another.

So you had to write two long paragraphs to say "I don't know if it's fixed for me even though others have said that it is and I see the downloaded transactions tab again"? Really?
  • AnonAnon Member
    edited April 2017
    Anon said:

I think you missed the important point in the second paragraph when summarizing my remarks.  In a nutshell, R12 appears to have broken Bill Reminders in the linked accounts when fixing the downloaded transactions tab.