Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QMac 2017: How can i change share value of my certificate of deposit transactions. It is $100 per sh

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I switched over from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for the Mac 2017. Now when I download my shares of Certificate of Deposit interest to automatically has a share value of $100 instead of $1. There is no way to change this that I can find. The brokerage account is through USAA. The value of my CDs are off a decimal. I wish they were worth so much.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    How about a 100 to 1 split?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for replying. I'd have to do it each time I got interest on a CD. I did try it for fun, but it didn't seem to work. I could have done it wrong. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    If I understand correctly, the CD is held as a security and should have a contact price of $1 per share?

How about this: Open the Securities Window, double click the CD in the list, then click on Price History. Click on any price entry, the menu Edit > Select All, then Delete to clear out all the old price history. Now enter a manual price entry of $1 with a date at the beginning of your ownership period. Finally, click the Options button at the bottom and uncheck Download Quotes For This Security so it doesn't get changed when you update online.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    JH said:

Thank you for replying. I'd have to do it each time I got interest on a CD. I did try it for fun, but it didn't seem to work. I could have done it wrong. 

Maybe it would help if you explained a bit more ... and provided some examples/numbers.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    I think this took care of the problem. Thank you so much for replying.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    JH said:

You're right. It probably wasn't a good explanation. Thanks for trying to help, though.