Resolved: "Review download payee" or grey screen opening Quicken after installing Quicken Windows 20

Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
Some users are reporting that after installing the R5 patch release in Quicken Windows 2017, they see a box labeled "Review download payee" or a grey screen or background when opening Quicken.

We're working to correct this issue, but in the meantime, please try these steps as a workaround:
  1. Open Quicken and click the grey background to get the Review download payee box to disappear
  2. Go to Edit > Preferences
  3. Click Startup
  4. Under Startup Location, choose Home from the dropdown
  5. Click OK
  6. Close and reopen Quicken, and the issue should no longer occur
You can also follow this thread to be notified when the issue is resolved.
Quicken Kathryn
Community Administrator

Comments

• edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled review downloaded payee.

Downloaded 2017 premier ver R5 build 26.1.55  Box comes up "review downloaded payee" does not go out and open program until I click on something else on screen. I tried using another file that does not have any accounts that download auto  from internet, but that file also has the box come up "review downloaded payee"
  • Stan CarovanoStan Carovano Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Build 26.1.5.5.

Quicken 2017, Windows 10, Version R5, Build 26.1.5.5.  Just installed build 26.1.5.5 and Quicken account register does not come up...screen remains blank.  Seems like there may be problem with this build as I never had this problem before today.  No error messages appear.  I just noticed that I am receiving the "Review downloaded payee" message in the gray box as others have reported.
  • Ralph BasileRalph Basile Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled quicken deluxe 2017 r5.

Your last update to Quicken Deluxe 2017 screwed up my Quicken. Now when I open any Quicken file, there's a box that says "Review downloaded payee" that is inactionable. I have to click somewhere else in the quicken window to get rid of it and the toolbar to appear... but it takes over a minute to appear. Bad update!
  • KeithKeith Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ever since I update 2017 to R5 Quicken doesn't open properly..

When opening it shows the header but there is a grey rectangle with the words "Review download payee".  Clicking anywhere in the screen actully opens the program or I wait for a minute and it opens.  What the heck is this?
  • Ed GEd G Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Updated Q H and B 2017 to R5 now won't open until I click the box that appears. ....

Updated Q H and B 2017 to R5 now won't open until I click the box that appears. Same with back up, the box appears s and st ays on until clicked on then successful back up box appears. This needs to be fixed asap. Thanks !
  • HarveyHarvey Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why am I getting a message that says"Review Downloaded Payee" when I either open ....

why am I getting a message that says"Review Downloaded Payee" when I either open or backup a file?

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2017 for Windows 10
  • Disney WalkerDisney Walker Member
    edited April 2017

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled review downloaded payee.

Downloaded 2017 premier ver R5 build 26.1.55  Box comes up "review downloaded payee" does not go out and open program until I click on something else on screen. I tried using another file that does not have any accounts that download auto  from internet, but that file also has the box come up "review downloaded payee"

It goes away if you choose Home, but then you can't open to the screen you want.  If you go back to that screen the problem is still there.
  • Lynn G.Lynn G. Member
    edited April 2017
    Same issue happening with me. I changed startup preference to Home and no longer a problem. However, I really would rather have my startup screen be CHECKING as that was it was before.
  • Cliff A.Cliff A. Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm also having the "Review Downloaded Payee" in Quicken 2017 Premier after upgrading to R5, when I either open or backup my Quicken data file. And when I run "Backup Quicken File" not only do I get the blank screen with "Review Downloaded Payee" but the icon toolbar also does not show any icons until I click on it.  Only then will the backup completed message and the icons appear.
  • edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin 2017: Grey screen appears after installation of R5 patch... Solution!.

Here's what to do.... I thoroughly went through testing with tech support for 3 hours this morning and discovered 2 work arounds.Work around one... will do if you are not picky. Setting the at startup option to "home" and then navigating to your account will for the most part be a workaround until R6 appears. Note: if there is not that option in the pull down list in edit, preferences, startup, startup location ... then go to view, tabs to show and select "home"... It will then appear in the startup location pulldown.Work around two... better for now.However downloading this file... https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/Q...will require a little patience! The best solution for now is to...1. do a clean uninstall... using qcleanui and msiclean32 executables. The two files must be in the same folder... search support for these files for 2017. Uninstall for all versions. 2. delete intuit related folder and sub folders from programdata\intuit, appdata\roaming\intuit, and appdata\local\intuit3. Important, reboot and disconnect your internet access, pull the plug from the modem and reinstall the original quicken 2017 file... then reconnect the internet to register. You will now be at R24. Run the mondo patch for version R4 above link. Voila!imageimage
  • BillBill Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled QWin 2017: "Review Downloaded Payee" box appears after Ver R5, Build 26.1.5.5 Upd....

Running Quicken Deluxe 2017 with Ver R5, Build 26.1.5.5 Update just installed and now every time Quicken is started or backed up I see a "Review Downloaded Payee" box on the screen and I have to click on the X in the top right of the screen to close the message.  Any idea why this appears and how to get rid of it.
  • Charlie LongCharlie Long Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This piece of crap updated a couple days ago.....

This piece updated a couple days ago....Now does open properly.....get basic blank screen with small box that reads " Review downloaded payee" and does nothing......click to close the progrm and the proper page comes up.........why?  Quicken 2017
  • edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Some feedback for the "Review Downloaded Payee" delay in startup.

I realize you are working this issue, but you have closed the thread so I cannot add some perhaps helpful troubleshooting for you. 

I am experiencing this delay and I did the "startup to home" temp solution.

However, I can say that when I saw the orphaned window with the "Review Downloaded Payee", I could make Quicken move past that by simply clicking anywhere on the Quicken menu bar. It did not even have to be on a menu item. As soon as I clicked on the menu bar, my preferred startup page would appear.

Kevin
  • Wayne MorganWayne Morgan Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Review Downloaded Payee appears when opening Quicken.

I'm having the same problem after the last patch for 2017 H&B with the little box appearing at the mouse cursor's location when Quicken starts. The little box appears as soon as the splash logo disappears. The little box says "Review downloaded payee." The little box disappears and the Quicken window will fill in if I click anywhere on the screen. Also, Quicken has become extremely slow to open or close, again only after applying the last patch. The results from running the File Validate are:

[Sun Apr 02 15:04:31 2017]

File: "C:\\"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Sun Apr 02 15:04:58 2017]
    Validation has completed.

The little box mentioned above appeared and was visible on the screen the whole time that the validation and the super validation ran (as soon as the "please wait" dialog appeared). As soon as they finished, the little box would disappear. Again, the box appeared at the current location of the mouse cursor.

The results of the super validation are:
    [Sun Apr 02 15:09:27 2017]

File: "\"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Sun Apr 02 15:17:50 2017]
    Super validation has completed.

While the file is not in it's default location, it is on the C: drive, not a network share.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Quicken 2017 Home & Business Version: R5 update issues.
  • Uncle AlbertUncle Albert Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled quicken 2017 Deluxe lock-up.

No matter what I do with my Quicken 2017 Deluxe on my Windows 7
    computer, when I click on the icon to load it, it will come up
    with a grey screen, and matter where or what I click on nothing

happens. And it had worked 100% since I bought it December 12,

2016, now 4-2-2017 I can not get it to work. AND I even even tried

to reload it. It says it is version 4.1.100.1332.... help PLEASE
    I have seen so many people with the same problem, but NOT ONE

person was able to make my problem go away.... Why can Quicken

People fix the problem, PLEASE
  • Ron GoRon Go Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Review downloaded payee Quicken 2017 R5.

I've seen this question asked several times and each conversation is marked "solved".  It doesn't appear to be solved since the "solution" seems to be more of a work around.  The problem is that after I updated to R5, when I open Quicken I get a blank screen and a small box that says "review downloaded payee".  I have to click on the blank screen once more to get Quicken to open.  Then when I close Quicken I have it set up to do a backup each time. After the backup, instead of closing automatically, I have to click the X again to get the program to close.  The so-called solution is to set up Quicken to open on Home to avoid the blank screen.  Is there an actual solution?  If not, what is the easiest way to downgrade to R4 until R5 is ready for release?
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you all for reporting this issue.

This issue has been resolved in the newest patch release for Quicken 2017, R6.  To download the R6 patch, go to this FAQ.
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • CHARLES BEHRMANCHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled review download payee coming back after I do a manual backup.

The review download payee coming back after I do a manual backup
  • CharlieDCharlieD Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New Issue with R5 of Quicken 2017.

New Issue with R5 of Quicken for Windows 2017.   Getting a greayed out small popup asking to "review downloaded payee".   DB will not load until I click somewhere on the top border.  Same message appears when doing a backup
  • Greg WilsonGreg Wilson Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This works on my Quicken 2017 R5.

Review download payee box appears when starting Quicken 2017 R5. If I set my startup page to "Home" it starts without any problem and if I go to Home ibefore I exit and backup it closes as it should.
  • Jay RavitzJay Ravitz Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since update this morning to Quicken 2017, I am getting Review download window. ....

Quicken 2017 Deluxe version R5.  Since update this morning, when opening and closing Quick, screen freezes and I get message saying review downloaded payee.  Window is blank.  How do I get this to go away?
     Using Windows 10
  • R FudgeR Fudge Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2017 Premier locks up after latest upgrade. When I backup I get a shaded ....

I just updated to V-R-5 Build 26.1.5.5 Now when I back up I get a shaded out box "review downloaded payee". Click on the box and nothing happens. Sometimes it requires Task Manager to kill program, other times if you click around the register enough it finishes the backup maybe? 
  • vmfa531vmfa531 Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken is not what it use to be, far from it..

quicken 2017R5 Windows

First, Online Bills, quicken would crash after inputting requested account data.  That was until R5. when it now crashes as soon as I press "link it now".

Second, I have been unable to update my USAA account for far to long.  I attempt to reset the account and quicken tells me everything is just great.  That is until I attempt to update the account and it says no way.

Third, upon updating to R5 every time I open quicken it goes to a blank screen with a small shaded window stating "review downloaded payee".  It took me awhile to figure it out but clicking on the mouse will allow me to proceed to my quicken home page.  I guess a new feature quicken has added for my total bewilderment. 

Fourth, am I to just accept the fact that quicken is truly not what it use to be and just say to hell with it? 

And quicken no longer deserves being a proper noun.
  • Don ShookDon Shook Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Review Downloaded Payee" box appears.

After updating to R5 in April 2017, Q Premier for 2017 (W10) will not load anything on the screen until I click off of a small box that reminds me to REVIEW DOWNLOADED PAYEE. I do not have any such download instructions checked. How do I get this message to disappear from the startup?image
  • Edward IngramEdward Ingram Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled grayed out boxes in latest update.

Since the latest update, Quicken 2017 (starter)  is now incredibly slow and there's a grayed out box showing. If I click several times, I can get quicken to finally open my accounts. Also now the bank updates don't work right or all the time. I'm showing a screenshot to illustrate what happens whenimage I try to open Quicken (2017 starter)
  • Noel McKeehanNoel McKeehan Member
    edited April 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled grey screen workaround.

Setting startup to home sort of fixes the problem when opening quicken, but it is still there when doing backups.