Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Re-implement the "One-click Cleared" feature (5 Legacy Votes)

Viz:  The related posting at
https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/is-there-a-quick-way-of-changing-the-cleared-sta...

My system:
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Quicken 2015 H&B

Issue:
In prior versions of Quicken the cleared status column could be changed with a single mouse click to one of the three statuses.  At some point in time this was changed to a pop-up menu that offered the choice of the option to set.

I agree that having a pop-up menu is handy - especially if bulk clearing or reconciling - but there are times when a "one-click" option would be darned handy.

Making this a user-selectable option would solve both the need for a one-click-operation and the desire to allow a simplified bulk-mark process.  In the same way, the preference could select the status to change to when clicked:  Cleared, Reconciled, or blank.

My specific issue:
This year, because of a bank glitch, I believe that some of my WebConnect data may be missing and/or corrupted; and I need to re-verify each and every transaction on all three of my credit-card accounts to verify that the transactions are all present and correct.

The question of "where I am", (or, more accurately, what transaction did I verify last), can be difficult to maintain.  My thought was to "un-clear" all the transactions within a particular account, go through them one-at-a-time, and click on "cleared" as a one-step-cleared selection, to mark each transaction as it is checked and verified.  The last "cleared" transaction is the last one verified.

In this case, the three-selection menu pop-up is more in the way than useful.

Perhaps this could be implemented as a user-selectable option as noted above?

Thanks!

Jim (JR)
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Just get rid of the popup and provide a keyboard shortcut to set the reconcile status would be my preference.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Just get rid of the popup and provide a keyboard shortcut to set the reconcile status would be my preference.

How do you do that? I HATE the pop up window, really miss the one click option! But I have no idea how to get rid of the popup or set up a keyboard shortcut.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

VIEW and Un-check 'Use Pop-up registers".
    QED
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks....but there is no 'use pop-up registers' option under VIEW...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    completely agree!!! we need  shortcut to toggle to reviewed status!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2019
    I've been waiting years for a keyboard shortcut to Clear a transaction in Quicken!  It really slows input when you have to move your hand over to the mouse and find a transaction in a small pop-up window.  [removed]
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I've been waiting years for a keyboard shortcut to Clear a transaction in Quicken!  It really slows input when you have to move your hand over to the mouse and find a transaction in a small pop-up window.  [removed]

For those unwilling to wait, I suggest using an Autohotkey script.  For example, the following script maps Ctrl + Alt + CCtrl + Alt + R, and Ctrl + Alt + Spacebar to set the Clr field of the selected transaction in a register to ClearedReconciled, and Uncleared, respectively.

#ifWinActive ahk_exe qw.exe

^!c:: ; set transaction status to "Cleared"
      WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Cleared
    return

^!r:: ; set transaction status to "Reconciled"
      WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Reconciled
    return

^!Space:: ; set transaction status to "Uncleared"
      WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Not Reconciled
    return

#ifWinActive
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Sherlock said:

For those unwilling to wait, I suggest using an Autohotkey script.  For example, the following script maps Ctrl + Alt + CCtrl + Alt + R, and Ctrl + Alt + Spacebar to set the Clr field of the selected transaction in a register to ClearedReconciled, and Uncleared, respectively.

return
    return
    return
    #ifWinActive
    As of R19.44, the script should be:
    <pre class="CodeBlock"><code><div><span>#ifWinActive ahk_exe qw.exe<br></span><br>^!c:: ; set transaction status to "Cleared"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7136, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br></div><div>^!r:: ; set transaction status to "Reconciled"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7137, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br></div><div>^!Space:: ; set transaction status to "Uncleared"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7135, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br>#ifWinActive</div>

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what this Idea / Discussion is all about (Quicken for Windows only) ...
    • Clicking a single transaction's Clr field brings up a popup with radio buttons to select Cleared, Reconciled or Uncleared
      Alternative: Right click, then select Reconcile Status and select Reconciled / Cleared / Not reconciled as desired.
    • Clicking in a selected block of transactions' Clr field does not work. It removes the block selection and changes only the clicked transaction.
      However, right-clicking a selected transaction, then selecting Reconcile Status and selecting the desired Reconciled / Cleared / Not reconciled status updates the selected block of transactions.
    Yes, sure, it would be nice if the 2nd option's "(left-)click the Clr field of a selected transaction" worked for a block of selected transactions, too ... but I don't see the programmers marking this as a high-priority fix because the right-click function already exists and works for both a single transaction and a selected block of transactions.
    Maybe we can get Quicken to respond to this Idea ...

(I'm using Q 2019 at the R 19.44 fix level)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "It really slows input when you have to move your hand over to the mouse and find a transaction in a small pop-up window".

I think that may be the reason why the process was changed. It wasn't just faster the old way, it could happen too easily without the user being aware.

Back when one click could change the Cleared Status with no user notification, it's possible that too many users were unwittingly changing that status, never realizing they had done so.

If Quicken support was getting a lot of complaints about reconcile opening balances being incorrect, Intuit may have decided to reduce the likelihood of that continuing to happen by making it more difficult to manually alter the Cleared Status.

I never had a problem with the old way, but I have none with the new way either: I just don't do enough manual modification of the Cleared Status of single transactions for it to matter to me, one way or the other.

Sent:  06-06-19 @ 14:03 CDT

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Boss
    Boss Member
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > For those unwilling to wait, I suggest using an Autohotkey script.  For example, the following script maps Ctrl + Alt + C, Ctrl + Alt + R, and Ctrl + Alt + Spacebar to set the Clr field of the selected transaction in a register to Cleared, Reconciled, and Uncleared, respectively.#ifWinActive ahk_exe qw.exe
    >
    > ^!c:: ; set transaction status to "Cleared"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Cleared
    > return
    >
    > ^!r:: ; set transaction status to "Reconciled"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Reconciled
    > return
    >
    > ^!Space:: ; set transaction status to "Uncleared"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Not Reconciled
    > return
    >
    > #ifWinActive

I tried this by installing AutoHotKey > creating a script on my desktop (with *.ahk extension) > and pasting this into it (see below). Then I save > double click script to run it > then in quicken I select a transaction and hit Ctrl + Alt+ r. However, it doesn't seem to work in that it doesn't do anything. The transaction remains in the cleared state. Please help if there is anything I can do to get this working. Note: I'm using Quicken 2020 (R27.42 Build 27.1.27.42) and Windows 7.

Thanks for the help. I hope we can get this working.
    Mark

Here is what I put in the script.

return

return

return

#ifWinActive
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Boss said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > For those unwilling to wait, I suggest using an Autohotkey script.  For example, the following script maps Ctrl + Alt + C, Ctrl + Alt + R, and Ctrl + Alt + Spacebar to set the Clr field of the selected transaction in a register to Cleared, Reconciled, and Uncleared, respectively.#ifWinActive ahk_exe qw.exe
    >
    > ^!c:: ; set transaction status to "Cleared"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Cleared
    > return
    >
    > ^!r:: ; set transaction status to "Reconciled"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Reconciled
    > return
    >
    > ^!Space:: ; set transaction status to "Uncleared"
    >   WinMenuSelectItem, A, , &Edit, Transaction, Reconcile, Not Reconciled
    > return
    >
    > #ifWinActive

I tried this by installing AutoHotKey > creating a script on my desktop (with *.ahk extension) > and pasting this into it (see below). Then I save > double click script to run it > then in quicken I select a transaction and hit Ctrl + Alt+ r. However, it doesn't seem to work in that it doesn't do anything. The transaction remains in the cleared state. Please help if there is anything I can do to get this working. Note: I'm using Quicken 2020 (R27.42 Build 27.1.27.42) and Windows 7.

Thanks for the help. I hope we can get this working.
    Mark

Here is what I put in the script.

return

return

return

#ifWinActive
    The updated Autohotkey script as of R19.44 is:
    <pre class="CodeBlock"><code><div><span>#ifWinActive ahk_exe qw.exe<br></span><br>^!c:: ; set transaction status to "Cleared"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7136, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br></div><div>^!r:: ; set transaction status to "Reconciled"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7137, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br></div><div>^!Space:: ; set transaction status to "Uncleared"<br></div><div>&nbsp; PostMessage, 0x111, 7135, 0, , A<br></div><div>return</div><div><br><br>#ifWinActive</div>